Pay-Pal

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Pay-Pal

Post by Max-U52 »

Gearbest has a lot of the same stuff that banggood has.

On the subject of PayPal, beware of scammers. I got an e-mail a week or two ago that said it was from PayPal, looked exactly like it was from PayPal, said there was suspicious activity on my account and I needed to login to my Paypal account. When I clicked on their link to the PayPal account, it once again looked exactly like PayPal, but I should have known something was up right away because my computer didn't recognize the site and automatically enter my password. I had to manually enter my password, and then on the second page they asked me for my credit card information. Major scam. PayPal will never email you and ask you for credit card info, they have all my credit cards on file already. So, I clicked out of the site, went to the real PayPal site and instantly changed my password. The point is, these guys are really good and the pages that they send you to look exactly like PayPal. The only thing that tipped me off was when they asked for credit card info.

Stay safe out there fellas, in body and wallet both.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hey Rad, I also use aliexpress for purchases and have only ever used paypal as a payment method ??? I have never entered my card details on there, you do pay a small charge for using PayPal on there though but its usually only about a quid :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
I use the "alipay" system they have, with my card. I did not even know you can use paypal with them, lol. Anyway, if you pay an extra charge with paypal there, I will stick with this old and absolutelly sure system. Every penny counts!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It's not just PayPal either. The scams are out there by the thousands and some are so 'good' they should be applauded. Yep, Chuck 'em in jail then applaud them!! @)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Just a note re the scam links. If anyone asks you to check something online via an email then use Google to find the page and log in from there. Never use the link in an email, even if they have all the right details. Spot the difference below:

weblink.rns.whatever
weblink.ms.whatever

As an aside the phone ones may be able to hold the line open so if they do say to call the number on your card call a different number first to check. I'm less convinced of the accuracy of this one as it's always "a friend" who got caught out but it can't hurt!

Return to “Off topic”