Y'all need to ease up!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Y'all need to ease up!

Post by jackalope »

Came back to check the thread I started and found it locked, I deleted it all together. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I posted about a loons ludicrous statements cause I thought you guys might get a good laugh, instead I'm rewarded with in fighting and snarky comments about who's grand daddy or great grand daddy could whoop someone else's. Good Lord, really? WWII is over are you trying to start part III? Damn! EVERYONE'S country played a vital roll, hence the "WORLD" bit in the name WORLD WAR II!

Now PLAY NICE!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Y'all need to ease up!

Post by Max-U52 »

Since the thread's been deleted I'll never really know what you're talking about, and that's why i object to the deletion of text from this forum. I guess as a Yank I place way too much emphasis on free speech, and i keep reminding myself i'm just a guest on an English forum so I think I'll just shut up now.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Max, apologies if deleting it comes across as censorship. IMHO leaving it with inflammatory comments for all to read had more potential for doing damage to the community then removing it would have so I opted to delete it.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The thread was not deleted by a UK Moderator !!!
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Jackalope,

You should be used to oppression by now living in MD...lol I lived there for 14 years being taxed to death. No more state, local, and county taxes for me! :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

jarndice wrote:The thread was not deleted by a UK Moderator !!!
No sir, I deleted it. As I said leaving it with the comments made had a greater potential for causing further disruption to the community then removing it ever could.
The number of comments made in bad taste negated warnings be issued for behavior as so many were made. I thought it better to just make a friendly post reminding everyone to ease up and remember these are toy tanks and we're here for fun.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Terry I think you did the noble thing the thread is done let's focus on why we're all here it's a hobby we enjoy to get a welcome break From real life
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

c.rainford73 wrote:Terry I think you did the noble thing the thread is done let's focus on why we're all here it's a hobby we enjoy to get a welcome break From real life
Thank you sir.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Your thread to begin with :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

"I am absolutely offended here,, Such words, bite me to the core.. People here throwing around terms like 'Toy tank, Hobby" :wtf: Ok these are engineering marvels, Tell me BarryC's M1A2 is a toy and not an example of pure extraterrestrial prowess? seriously,,,the closest thing I have seen on these forums to a toy tank is........well I haven't so there! Hobby? What?? No way, it is a way of life, a Hobby implies that you do this for a diversion from boredom, that you get no other pleasure of than the killing of time, have you seen some of these guys collections? Heck, I have a collection bigger than most museums.. Hobby? No sir! I will not be pressured into a corner and call this a Hobby, I would rather sell you an annuity than call this a Hobby!!!"

I absolutely agree with Eastern Front. I have a heck of a time trying to correct my (grown) children that instead of them using the incorrect term "playing with your toys" they should finally get it right and say "constructing miniature replicas." It hasn't worked yet, but I keep trying.....they must take after their Mother's side.

Return to “Off topic”