RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Post by HERMAN BIX »

France left it until the bus was turning up in the carpark to put USA away !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Whereas the Canadians could have saved themselves the bus fare by not bothering to turn up. :haha:
Good news for England if France is not on top of their game.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Our performance was average despite the score line, mistakes of the most comical nature which only serve to dent our confidence.
We are going to pluck the wings off Namibia next, then we have Italy.
Your guys are tracking pretty well I reckon, but the proper tough tests are soon upon us.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

It’s getting serious now. Shame the Typhoon has interfered but that’s nature
How is the time zone up there for you all ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The timings mean that the first game of the day is at breakfast and the last just before lunch and if you are retired as I am that is perfect,
As to the cancellations the only team who might get the sticky end could be Scotland if they lose the opportunity to play and win against Japan,
This is where getting through the early stages without loss is so important.
England, France and New Zealand had already got into the 1/4s so the cancelled games would have no effect except on points.
Sundays weather forecast for Southern Japan is calm and sunny so Scotland should have a good chance of seeing if they can defeat the surprise team of the competition or not.
The Wales match will if they win and they should will alter the position at the top of the table,
Elevating Wales to winners of their section and Australia runners up,
But as they would still qualify for the 1/4s no real damage would be done.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

England get Australia by the looks, so the loss to Wales could become a death Nell .
We get Japan or Ireland, the Irish can beat us and the Japanese rate their chances against South Africa, so these places on the table are still important.
Scotland if they win still need points differential to fall their way.
I reckon Japan will beat them .

It’s good viewing from now on :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The weather forecast for Yokohama where Scotland are due to play Japan is Sunny 27c with 24 kph winds that looks like game on weather to me.
I agree with you Herman It is an uphill task for Scotland and you can never ignore home field advantage but-----.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If Scotland had put as much work into the first half as they did in the second then it might just have been their game BUT the Blossoms really were impressive and a joy to watch,
I think that South Africa could find themselves with a challenge they might not have been expecting.
Any Fan of Rugby must have regretted getting up early to watch a Welsh second team turn out to flounder a win against a team of amateurs whose captain is a full time cab driver :lolno:
It is difficult to blame Wales for saving their A team from unneeded injury but it does nothing to promote the game to an audience who have very little knowledge of its skills and nuances.
That is 80 wasted minutes I wont get back,
The good thing is that as Herman has observed the 1/4s look like a very competitive group any of whom could be winners.
At the beginning of the World Cup Japan was a surprise but not any longer they have earned their place through skill and an amazing workload. :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:If Scotland had put as much work into the first half as they did in the second then it might just have been their game BUT the Blossoms really were impressive and a joy to watch,
I think that South Africa could find themselves with a challenge they might not have been expecting.
Any Fan of Rugby must have regretted getting up early to watch a Welsh second team turn out to flounder a win against a team of amateurs whose captain is a full time cab driver :lolno:
It is difficult to blame Wales for saving their A team from unneeded injury but it does nothing to promote the game to an audience who have very little knowledge of its skills and nuances.
That is 80 wasted minutes I wont get back,
The good thing is that as Herman has observed the 1/4s look like a very competitive group any of whom could be winners.
At the beginning of the World Cup Japan was a surprise but not any longer they have earned their place through skill and an amazing workload. :thumbup:
Scotland- heroic losers, as per time-honoured tradition. Perhaps it would have been better to be knocked out by the weather from the unfortunate loser standpoint- but that would have meant losing an entertaining game. :thumbdown: That inspired Japanese side must have the really fancied teams worried. :think: They can probably call on some sumo support for their back line. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I see the England v Australia match will have Ben "check, check" Skeen in the TMO booth. I'm tipping a drawn out game full of endless replays and stoppages for penalties for minor infringements that happened four phases ago. :/

Whatever happens here hoping it's good game and that the Wallabies give it a decent crack.

Return to “Off topic”