RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Finally here!
First round done with no upsets.
I am relieved that my lot got over the Springboks, but let’s see how they stay focused now with poor minnows next up.

How do you up there feel the men in white went ?
For me they need to improve from what they showed, but keeping ones powder dry is also a possibility.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Post by jarndice »

Very impressed by the Boyos in Green and the Welsh Dragons have proved they are a force to be reckoned with but the "Men in White" have a lot of work to do if they don't want to be embarrassed in the early stages of the competition,
Some people would say a win is a win and just looking at the score it was a walkover BUT watching the match had me tearing what little hair I have out of my head in frustration at the stupidity of playing Tonga's game for them instead of playing their own world beating game for which they have earned their reputation.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That’s exactly what I saw too.
Bear in mind that same Tongan team was belted two weeks ago by us to the tune of 93-7 so that analysis you gave us bang on.
I’m sure the Dragond & Boyo’s will be looking on.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

It has been a great tournament so far. I have been surprised how competitive some of the 2nd tier nations are becoming and while a few blow-outs are sure to come we aren't seeing the regular cricket scores that have been a feature of the pool matches in previous world cups. There is still daylight between the top 5 and the rest of the world but that next level down is looking much more competitive. Russia only made it by default but they have pushed Japan and Samoa pretty hard.

The standard of refereeing has been a bit hit and miss as always but hopefully that will tighten up as the tournament progresses. I certainly don't envy those blokes with every controversial ruling endlessly scrutinised by the media and the armchair experts who don't have make quick decisions in a high pressure environment.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

That's better,
I suspect a few choice words were exchanged after the Disappointing performance against Tonga,
Apart from a very nasty foul the Match was a vast improvement including the quality of refereeing,
I look forward to Australia's meeting with Wales.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yip much better.
I am disturbed by the change of strip though.
England play in white, that’s what God decreed
Why the change?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Every team has an alternative jersey to avoid clashes. I'm not sure how it's decided who wears what but you might see the All Blacks running around in white this tournament.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

B_Man wrote:Every team has an alternative jersey to avoid clashes. I'm not sure how it's decided who wears what but you might see the All Blacks running around in white this tournament.
No, no we won’t.
That’s another rule God made when he invented the game.
It was done once, and the national shame was so intense that the NZRFU vowed never again !

I get that nations have alternative strips, but the hard core of tier 1 nations should never be made to change unless they are in an actual away fixture in the host country.
This is a tournament, the strip should not be compromised for the big six
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Well at least the Americans are playing a Game that is played beyond their borders,
Who knows they might even get the hang of it one day :haha:
As to national strips, I suggest the Argentinians would play in their wives knickers if it guaranteed a win :lolno:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Some say they already do !!
I hope the Boyo’s get up
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”