HOWZZATT

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: HOWZZATT

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Now that it is over First a question, If the English TEAM could deliver such a good win in the last match where the h*ll was the TEAM in the others ?
And the second question , If Steve Smith (Hero) had not been put on the sick list thanks to Jofre Archer who outside of Australia would have ever have heard of Labuschagne ?
A player who was an unknown who is now a certainty to be picked for his Country for the foreseeable future,
And would people please stop saying Australia won the Ashes,
It was a draw which means Australia RETAIN the Ashes.
It makes a big difference to an Englishman :haha:
But a heartfelt Well done to an Australian side who came here under a cloud and are leaving with the respect that their efforts both on and off the field has been well deserved.
With the exception of Labuschagne, Shaun, all of the Australian team had English surnames :) So, it was like a family get-together.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

With a name like Labuschagne where else could he have been born but in South Africa :haha: :haha: And surprisingly Jofre Archer does not come from the County of Borchester but the Caribbean.
I never did see him as a gentleman farmer anyway. :D
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:With a name like Labuschagne where else could he have been born but in South Africa :haha: :haha: And surprisingly Jofre Archer does not come from the County of Borchester but the Caribbean.
I never did see him as a gentleman farmer anyway. :D
:D :haha:
Yes, well.... :/ all the residents of Ambridge used to have West Country accents once; but then again, I stopped listening in the 1950s. I hate to think what PC propaganda tool it has morphed into. :shh:
I did drop in for a while when Brian Aldridge (with RP accent) began ploughing a furrow he shouldn't have (the one belonging to Siobhan, that is). Cheating on his spouse, Wendy, Brian managed to hit the listening public for six (or sex) week in week out.Indeed, his caddish behaviour slipped into legend, as he slipped into...well..thingy
Siobhan's ball-tampering also had a rapidly expanding band of radio rubber-neckers held in thrall.
It simply wasn't cricket. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The great advantage of inventing your own County is you can use any accent you like and nobody can say its wrong,
As to Mr Aldridge he could never be called a gentleman although in real life he is married to a gentlewomen Shula,
I gave up listening when Nigel the idiot fell off the roof !!!
And now Joe has gone to meet the great poacher in the sky I doubt I shall return,
My spies (She who must be obeyed) tells me it is now very pc so never again will the sweet smell of slurry pass my door at 3 minutes past 7 pm :lolno:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am convinced that my demise will be hastened by the English Cricket Team yet again toying with my emotions when as yet again we were obviously going to walk to an easy win and then managed yet again to string it out to the point where a draw was the likely result,
Don't believe anyone who tells you that being an English Cricket supporter is easy.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I am convinced that my demise will be hastened by the English Cricket Team yet again toying with my emotions when as yet again we were obviously going to walk to an easy win and then managed yet again to string it out to the point where a draw was the likely result,
Don't believe anyone who tells you that being an English Cricket supporter is easy.
Then imagine what a dispiriting pursuit it is to follow Scottish Football, and Rugby... :| Still, when it comes to losing heroically, few can compete with the Scots :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

It's almost as futile as supporting Michael Palin's inept 'Barnstoneworth United', as hapless 'Golden Gorden' did.
https://bufcsydney.com/club-history/
phpBB [video]

Change the accent, and switch the hat with a Tam O'Shanter, and you'll get the picture :lolno:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jarndice wrote:I am convinced that my demise will be hastened by the English Cricket Team yet again toying with my emotions when as yet again we were obviously going to walk to an easy win and then managed yet again to string it out to the point where a draw was the likely result,
I don't think it was England's fault the game went down to the wire! We actually saw some knuckle down, grind it out and nearly save the game cricket from SA, hats off to them!

I was in a work team meeting most of today and could only occasionally check in, when they were only 5 down at about 1pm GMT, Anderson was looking iffy and it didn't look like they could buy a wicket is was ready for the draw.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Tom if the English team did this sometimes I would welcome a close game but for goodness sake it is almost everytime,
I know and more importantly they know they are as good as most of the opposition and in many cases much better AND YET time without end we have to endure these heartstopping games and I am unwilling to peg out because of an aneurism or seizure caused by a Cricket match :lolno:
And it does not help when my lady keeps saying "Its only a silly game".
Darts is a game, Snooker is a game, Baseball is just Rounders under another name BUT CRICKET is LIFE :clap:

Return to “Off topic”