Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I'm guessing that most of us are mechanical / engineering / technically minded so enjoy anything to do with any kind of motorsport, current or historical. If so, you'll have already been to the Goodwood FoS or have watched it on TV.

Last Thursday my son took me there for a couple of days (the sunny and dry ones this year). I've done all sorts of motor sport events and too part in several if them but never the Festival of Speed. Firstly the size of the Goodwood House grounds is huge, bigger than most grand prix circuits. There are many circuits there to cater from all sorts of motor sport and all are active all 4 days. The crowds of all nationalities and ages are matched only by the endless acres of car parks.

The is free transport around the car parks, free transport between the many gates around the estate and free golf buggy transport within the estate which you can flag down or order from any info booth. There are food facilities all over, both simple and reasonably priced or silly (lobster sandwiches and champers!). Loos and water stations are good plentiful too. The volunteer staff are very pleasant and helpful too.

Now the cars. There are thousands of cars there to see close up and wander around, most worth £M plus or more. Manufacturer stands are all over too, mist using the event to release new models or prototypes. I showed interest in the V8 Jaguar F-type and i-pace and now have 21 invitations fro dealers to test drive them, some over a weekend!

The best way to see what its like is to watch the coverage available now on U-Tube or Sky / ITV4 this week but, as they say, you need to be there.

Not cheap but you are treated like a VIP and it knocks spots off of any other motor sport event I've experienced - grand prix, Indy, LeMans, the lot.

I've not posted and pics or vids as there are just too many to pick just a few out!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019

Post by Will01Capri »

I love Goodwood and love the cars, but I have only ever done the festival of speed hillclimb and seen the rally course aswell. But some day I want to get my father down to the revival all dressed up once his Etype is back restored and on the road again.
Love seeing proper cars driven hard and the noise of proper cars and tyres screeching I love it and miss it.

Thanks for sharing
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019

Post by General Jumbo01 »

That came from the heart didn't it and l fully understand how you feel. While the VW electric proto special looked and sounded incredible as it set the fastest ever outright record for the hill (the finals day record still stands), the sound of the V12 Matra at close quarters was orgasmic and brought back crazy memories of LeMans from my youth. I've yet to do the Revival but still plan to go.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Off topic”