"Jim Beam"

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

"Jim Beam"

Post by jarndice »

Whatever anyone does don't tell Herman that two Warehouses (45,000 barrels) of "Jim Beam" sipping whiskey went up in flames earlier today. :shh:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: "Jim Beam"

Post by Jimster »

Tragic news indeed. My favorite bourbon. Make mine neat.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I expect the owners will need a large drop of 'Southern Comfort'... :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Understand it amounted to only 1% of their overall inventory. Just a drop in the bucket, er, I guess barrel in this case would be more appropriate.
Officials from Jim Beam’s parent company, Suntory Food and Beverage, said the multi-story warehouse that burned contained “relatively young whiskey,” meaning it had not reached maturity for bottling for consumers.

“Given the age of the lost whiskey, this fire will not impact the availability of Jim Beam for consumers,” the spirits company said in a statement.

The whiskey maker suffered a total loss in the warehouse. The destroyed whiskey amounted to about 1% of Beam’s bourbon inventory, it said.
lost-in-translation-2003.jpg
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Any barrels that survived the conflagration should be branded as bourbon aged in barrels that are charred inside and out. Extra smooth.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote:Whatever anyone does don't tell Herman that two Warehouses (45,000 barrels) of "Jim Beam" sipping whiskey went up in flames earlier today. :shh:
Thanks for the kind thoughts Mr Jarndice, but traumatised as I was at the news of such a waste, Im a Jack Daniels man........and Jack aint Bourbon (thats the first thing I heard was that it was in Kentucky, so I knew I was safe) so the loss of stock for the Beam -hacks while sad, is not a marker for me to go "doomsday -prep" ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”