The art of being devious.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

The art of being devious.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Over many years I've smuggled many a "toy" in my houses/homes.
In the past it was only small slot cars, now it's 16th tanks, and all things associated, like books, upgrades etc.

I've resorted to friends ordering me stuff, even well known customers that owe me money and even neighbours. I just give those that don't owe me cash, to hide the money trail. Also handy to store the stuff at their places till the time is "right."

I've resorted to all kinds of methods to get stuff in the house past the "boss," to get it in the shed or loft/attic. I've even used a rope to haul stuff up to an upstairs window lol.

When my daughter's were little, around 25 years ago, I used to bribe them with sweets when I bought a scalextric car if I had them with me.

And now it's Christmas, and I get a nice big book, "The Tank Book," it's The Tank Museum book with an embossed picture of a Tiger 1 on the cover.

What a wonderful present, shame I smuggled one in my house a few months back lol.

Oh, and as for bribing my kids, I found out a couple of years ago that they used to tell on me and get more sweets from my missus lol.

Anyway, my wife and daughters only have themselves to blame, they bought me my first 16th RC tank ;)

And yes, I was obviously very pleased with my present ;)

Merry Christmas.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: The art of being devious.

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

I had to read the first paragraph twice mick is I thought it said 16 TANKS :clap:
I have found if I sell 2 and then buy 3 it works well, or leave things in plain view as the mrs doesn't always notice things
very well, or so she tells me :think: merry xmas to you :thumbup:

regards john :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

How's that Mr Front.

Merry Christmas.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Wardog wrote:The book cost £10.00 the works book shop,yes is new and retail £20.00 just a year ago.most of all books are cheaper than the retail.
Don't worry, I bought the original copy in The Works for £10, and I believe my missus also paid £10 for my second copy ;)

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I thought that was a £40 book :think:

Well, The Works are sold out, not surprised, was only £10, the museum sells it for £25.

Amazon, eBay, and other places want around £90

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Actually there's two books.

TANKS
100 years of armoured warfare

And.

TANKS
The history of armoured warfare

They both have the same front cover. And I have a feeling the contents is almost identical.

Edit. I've just remembered, the 100 year one had removable copies of rare documents, and I think was more expensive originally, then they came out with the history version without the documents at a cheaper price.
I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time lol.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Wardog wrote:Two books left on Christmas eve,you no what it's like.you get told not to buy your self anything.
:'(
Yeah, but I bought the original museum book months ago, maybe six months. Been in the lounge the whole time lol. Shame she didn't get me the 100 years one.
I'll give a friend of mine a copy on his birthday :D and get the 100 year one myself ;)

Edit, no, wasn't six months in the lounge, was just over a year lol.

Return to “Off topic”