Re: Action man (GI Joe) as you've never seen before

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

What this thread is all about. . . .

Watch "Mother MoneySupermarket Epic Action Man" on YouTube
phpBB [video]
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When RAF Seletar Singapore was being handed over to the Singapore defence force I was tasked with driving the units Fergie to our new base at RAF Changi,
It rained the whole way, No front mudwings and the barest minimum over the rear wheels meant I was soon soaked to the skin :thumbdown:
The only saving grace being that in the tropics the rain is warm :haha:
One of the few things I liked about the thing was that you could leave it anywhere safe in the knowledge that 99% of the worlds population would not have the first idea how to start it.
But we know Roy :thumbup:
Anyone else going to volunteer how you start a Ferguson Te20?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

jarndice wrote:When RAF Seletar Singapore was being handed over to the Singapore defence force I was tasked with driving the units Fergie to our new base at RAF Changi,
It rained the whole way, No front mudwings and the barest minimum over the rear wheels meant I was soon soaked to the skin :thumbdown:
One of the few things I liked about the thing was that you could leave it anywhere safe in the knowledge that 99% of the worlds population would not have the first idea how to start it.
In which topic do you think you're sharing this little nugget of information Shaun? Gosh, how age creeps up on some folk. . . . :haha: :haha:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:When RAF Seletar Singapore was being handed over to the Singapore defence force I was tasked with driving the units Fergie to our new base at RAF Changi,
For Mick's benefit, Shaun was alluding to the comment I made about the wee grey Ferguson tractor (TE20), which in turn deviated slightly (threadwise) from a comment made by Gary.
For the record, Shaun. Starting one would depend on whether it was a Diesel of TVO model. TVO models had to be started on petrol then, after the wee beastie has belched sufficient clouds of noxious gasses (don't we all do that from time to time?)..to indicate it was warm enough, then you could switch the fuel supply over to the cheapoTVO. The gear lever operated the starter on both models, but for the diesel it was also necessary to deftly press in a switch located on the left side of the gearbox with one's welly-clad left leg. :think:
So, it's a case of QED, Mick, that the aged noggins of 43rdRR, and Jarndice are not quite as addled as you might suppose..yet :haha: ...but we do like to digress.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Oops. . . . :{

In my defence, he was replying to an off topic post made in March :P lol

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Oops. . . . :{

In my defence, he was replying to an off topic post made in March :P lol
Yes, but..in your defence... that's a hell of a hiatus!! :| I can barely recall what I did yesterday. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”