Luckiest Rider Ever

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Luckiest Rider Ever

Post by Max-U52 »

Y'all gotta see this. About a minute long. I love the way he jumps up and says, "I'm not dead! I'm not dead! I'm not dead!" @)

phpBB [video]

Here's a Yank joke for ya, What are a Redneck's last words? "Hey, y'all! Watch this!!"
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Luckiest Rider Ever

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:O

Hey, Gary, I used to ride an old Police BMW once. The left side engine pot (plus the massive full fairing) saved my left left from being removed by a broadside from a car. The car emerged from a side road, without the idiot driver looking.. >:< It's true what they say, about seeing things in slow-motion...
Anyway, My question, then, is this:
What's the very last thing a fly sees, when it hits your visor, or windscreen? (windshield in Yank)..

answer:..its Ar*e !! ;)
(ass in Yankspeak)
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Been there, done that...and in rather worse circumstances. The cops couldn't figure out how I was still alive and their computer aided reconstruction couldn't figure out how I pulled it off either. 3 seconds that are a 10 minute memory, and apart from internal chest wall injuries (that felt like I had broken all of my ribs), I was ok. I used all nine lives, and every last bit of experience I had acquired both on and off road in those 3 seconds.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I rode for over 30 years, round town and cross country in all kinds of weather ( when you're about to get lucky, whats a little snowstorm? ). I started out on a 76 Honda CB200T ( rode that one from North Carolina to Colorado back in 85', took seven days but I can't remember a better trip ) to 500 four stackers to 750 four stackers to a GoldWing ( the serious kind without all the plastic ) and ended up on a Kawi Drifter. ( took that one to Yellowstone for a couple of weeks on what turned out to be my last trip ) All those years and miles, I had close calls with idiots and malicious types but never wrecked or even dropped the Bike. In the end, Tinnitus made me hang up my helmet and I miss the feel of the open road to this day. If you are still riding, gentlemen, enjoy every second of it, regardless of the reason, you never know when you will have to stop, put the kickstand down and walk away to the four wheel cage for good.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
I still keep the M on my license just in case medical science has a breakthrough.
I still keep the M on my license just in case medical science has a breakthrough.
...Here for the Dawn...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

PainlessWolf wrote: In the end, Tinnitus made me hang up my helmet
Bloody Romans!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good afternoon,
I rode for over 30 years, round town and cross country in all kinds of weather ( when you're about to get lucky, whats a little snowstorm? ). I started out on a 76 Honda CB200T ( rode that one from North Carolina to Colorado back in 85', took seven days but I can't remember a better trip ) to 500 four stackers to 750 four stackers to a GoldWing ( the serious kind without all the plastic ) and ended up on a Kawi Drifter. ( took that one to Yellowstone for a couple of weeks on what turned out to be my last trip ) All those years and miles, I had close calls with idiots and malicious types but never wrecked or even dropped the Bike. In the end, Tinnitus made me hang up my helmet and I miss the feel of the open road to this day. If you are still riding, gentlemen, enjoy every second of it, regardless of the reason, you never know when you will have to stop, put the kickstand down and walk away to the four wheel cage for good.
regards,
Painless
The epic "Lead Wing".............
I gave up road and a reasonably successful track life after a close mate died, as a passenger, in a car, in a drink-driving crash.
He had(apart from being dead) THEEEEE least amount of physical damage when the others looked like they had gone a week in a SAW movie ..........

Things just were not the same fun, and it re aligned my outlook on things.

I love the sight, sound, smell and thrill of 2 wheels, and have a child named after a Kiwi legend John Britten and his world beating machine, but I also recall at times the regular near death experiences I managed to come through.
My biggest regret was being too broke to go to Isle Of Mann from an official invitation to tour there in 91.
As a racer inside the NZ top 5 in F3 class then, the travel cost was just a huge reach..............but now I will die not knowing how I might have done :think:

The video is all too 'actual' .,............
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Herman, I understand. Estnische, by all means! I would not wish the 'tin ear' on my worst enemy. It is not important to anyone who does not suffer through it day and night. If it were, they would have applied money to the problem already and if not a cure, at least a way for drug companies to profit off of it would have been discovered.
regards
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning again,
No offense taken. Nuff' said. Back to the thread, etc.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
Herman, I understand. Estnische, by all means! I would not wish the 'tin ear' on my worst enemy. It is not important to anyone who does not suffer through it day and night. If it were, they would have applied money to the problem already and if not a cure, at least a way for drug companies to profit off of it would have been discovered.
regards
Painless
Ditto for me Painless, I didn't mean any disrespect to your condition, it's just that I grew up with Monty Python.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
Who doesn't love John Cleese and the guys? Np, Doc. I bought my ticket, took the ride and my chances like every one else. I have tanks and black powder and books. I consider myself a lucky guy. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Off topic”