Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Y'all need to ease up!

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Ive been called a lot of things over the years........................but never an old soak !!
Oops, quickly exits stage left. . . .

As for the original picture, I've exhausted every possible search variant using the words sheep and car, and now I'm seeking therapy after some results. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks for looking at that, Mick, but I'm still a little confused because the index says that that thread is by Will. It looks like there's several posts missing at the beginning of that thread. So maybe when you lost those posts they just gave the credit for the thread to whoever had been the first to post behind you?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

That's weird, Carl was the first to reply to me, threads usually go to the next poster, which would be Carl as he posted before Will, very strange ???

That's how I got caught up in that spammers thread, I was the first to reply, and ended up getting credit for the thread.

Edit; it does credit Carl with the thread, but Will as the last to post :thumbup:
Attachments
Screenshot_20191004-115929.jpg

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You're right, it does credit Carl as the author. And that in itself is a little strange. Anyway, the reason I posted it here is because this is a car thread and I know some of the moderators don't like to have multiple threads of the same topic. It doesn't really matter to me, so you guys can do as you will and I'll still be happy. @) :haha: 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL, we can always merge posts into other topics. And I don't think Terry minds his thread changing to cars, although it could be moved to off topic to suit ;) :thumbup:

Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

So long as everybody is showing off car memory’s might I join in?
It’s 1967 and I’m 24 years young with a 1960 Pontiac Catalina convertible!
Not known for its quarter mile numbers but a head turner back in the day....
Attachments
DEF8D2E3-B23B-4EE8-89EE-20FC01A9AC70.jpeg
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:LOL, we can always merge posts into other topics. And I don't think Terry minds his thread changing to cars, although it could be moved to off topic to suit ;) :thumbup:
Have at it.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Given that I live in a mountainous region, with (even in my garden) some pretty rough terrain- I'm happy to sacrifice brown-pants inducing speed, for plenty of grip:
1936- state of the art all-terrain car.
1936- state of the art all-terrain car.
1936 All-Terrain car.jpg (78.09 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
Before anyone asks, no, it isn't me at the wheel. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Roy, I knew right away that isn't you at the wheel, isn't that your grandson? Bwahahahaha!! @) @) :/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Roy, I knew right away that isn't you at the wheel, isn't that your grandson? Bwahahahaha!! @) @) :/
Oooo, you are awful.. Gary, but I like you! (UK comedy ref for people above a certain age, but not necessarily .. :D IQ)

and here's Gary attempting to retrieve his leaky Schwimmwagen.. (expletives not shown.. :D )
Gary attempting to retrieve his sunken Schwimmwagen..without success
Gary attempting to retrieve his sunken Schwimmwagen..without success
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”