Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Max-U52's first car. . . .

Post by c.rainford73 »

Somehow I can see someone in the forum entering this into thier computer CAD software piping the coordinates into the 3-D printer and figuring how to fit an IBU2 and multiple sheep sounds....nooooo

:crazy:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

c.rainford73 wrote:Somehow I can see someone in the forum entering this into thier computer CAD software piping the coordinates into the 3-D printer and figuring how to fit an IBU2 and multiple sheep sounds....nooooo

:crazy:
hahahah
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Here's a couple of my cars:
1966 Olds 442 I build several years ago and sold to my then son-in-law
1966 Oldsmobile 442
1966 Oldsmobile 442
My 1930 Chevrolet. It had a hopped up 350 motor and would do the 1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds at 100 mph. A quick little car. I ended up selling it to a guy in Maryland last Fall
1930 Chevrolet
1930 Chevrolet
And my bad boy Challenger. My son figured with the changes I made it is about 535 HP.
2015 Dodge challenger
2015 Dodge challenger
My 1953 Ford. I spent 7 years working on this car. The only 2 things I farmed out were the headliner and the paint work. I wanted a car I could honestly say I built it.We use it to pull an old 1966 Kit Camper we tore apart and refurbished.
1953 Ford
1953 Ford
I figured I had 260 hours in simply putting the 54 Olds tail lights in it. What a chore
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

I quit building full sized stuff. I've probably built 30 or 40 cars over the years and as many motorcycles as well. I was killed in a motorcycle accident 01 September last year and a friend was in the ER and saw me die - hit me really hard in the chest, he's a nurse, and told me they would get me through it. So some of my need for speed is gone.

And oddly enough the biggest challenge with rc is the small size for my large hands. But I am enjoying it.

Be well
Steve
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Norton1 wrote:I quit building full sized stuff. I've probably built 30 or 40 cars over the years and as many motorcycles as well. I was killed in a motorcycle accident 01 September last year and a friend was in the ER and saw me die - hit me really hard in the chest, he's a nurse, and told me they would get me through it. So some of my need for speed is gone.

And oddly enough the biggest challenge with rc is the small size for my large hands. But I am enjoying it.

Be well
Steve
Not so nice about being killed, but hey you are here to tell the tale so that is good. Never like to hear about such accidents. I can easily see why some speed thrill has left you. You have a good friend there :)

I love RC and slowly getting my young kids involved, but for me no substitute for the real thing currently.
The full size stuff can be fun, but then again alot more frustrating. Alot easier to see a scale model through to frutition much easier in comparison.

I need to load a few car pics myself of the growing collection of madness. I have a real problem selling cars, so i just get more! I need a big shed or barn to store them in, but that may have to wait a while!

I think the RC for me however helps keep my fingers busy rather than having a seasonal drop in the winter when working in a cold garage is madness. So once it starts to warm up my posts will drop off a bit until it gets cold again. For now however the weather shows no signs of changing from it crap state, so safe for now haha.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

I understand the wanting to keep things. Especially one's you build. I spent the majority of my life at the lower end of the economic scale so I built, sold it, and used the funds to build another. I find I enjoy building things rather than keeping them My 53 is the first rig I actually kept. I had one in High School and always wanted to do things to it but couldn't afford it. And this little Ford is a superb driver. I put a gear vendors over/under drive in it so it has 6 speeds forward. Makes a big difference pulling a 9% grade with a trailer on the back end.

I have been doing some machine/fabricating work for a high end car builder but I am tired of doing anything car related so am selling my machine shop. I have a large ACRA knee mill with every accessory known on it including a 3 way DRO and tapping feature. I also have a good gap bed lathe as I was doing some rifle work when my son and I were shooting long range tactical matches. One sniper match we even outshot the RCMP team. But he's getting bunged up and lost the urge to shoot so I bought his rifle and have yet to take it out and shoot it. I'd sell it but it will hit a clay pigeon at 1000 yards repeatedly and is a one of custom built unit.

I figure I will sell the equipment and replace it with a smaller benchtop mill/lathe combo. I'm just to beat up to do the big stuff without pain at this stage of the game. So I think the rc tanks will test my patience even more and fill a huge gap of "What do I do now?". And this forum is as friendly as any I have come across so it gives me the socializing I need without having to scrap with anyone over what I do or how I do it. Lord knows I sure am impressed with you folks. Pretty much makes my day.

Be well,
Steve

Here's a picture of the Ford pulling our little Kit to the Black Hills country. We did a bit over 3000 miles in a week on the road this trip.
20160619_131901.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That's one cool ride
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

I had to look up Eddy the Eagle and will have to watch the movie. I do think you Brits are a polite bunch. We spent several days last Fall in Bristol and went up to Bath. I didn't find you all to be as warm and outgoing as the Irish or as helpful as the Germans but we were only there for 4 days. We intend to go back as I want to go to my dad's base up at Snetterton where he flew out of in 1943. Perhaps as we start planning our trip we'll be able to actually meet some folks that I have a bit of history with which I have found makes a lot of difference in a visit to another country.

Please - No offence meant or intended by my above remarks.

Be well,
Steve
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Norton1 wrote:I understand the wanting to keep things. Especially one's you build. I spent the majority of my life at the lower end of the economic scale so I built, sold it, and used the funds to build another. I find I enjoy building things rather than keeping them My 53 is the first rig I actually kept. I had one in High School and always wanted to do things to it but couldn't afford it. And this little Ford is a superb driver. I put a gear vendors over/under drive in it so it has 6 speeds forward. Makes a big difference pulling a 9% grade with a trailer on the back end.

I have been doing some machine/fabricating work for a high end car builder but I am tired of doing anything car related so am selling my machine shop. I have a large ACRA knee mill with every accessory known on it including a 3 way DRO and tapping feature. I also have a good gap bed lathe as I was doing some rifle work when my son and I were shooting long range tactical matches. One sniper match we even outshot the RCMP team. But he's getting bunged up and lost the urge to shoot so I bought his rifle and have yet to take it out and shoot it. I'd sell it but it will hit a clay pigeon at 1000 yards repeatedly and is a one of custom built unit.

I figure I will sell the equipment and replace it with a smaller benchtop mill/lathe combo. I'm just to beat up to do the big stuff without pain at this stage of the game. So I think the rc tanks will test my patience even more and fill a huge gap of "What do I do now?". And this forum is as friendly as any I have come across so it gives me the socializing I need without having to scrap with anyone over what I do or how I do it. Lord knows I sure am impressed with you folks. Pretty much makes my day.

Be well,
Steve

Here's a picture of the Ford pulling our little Kit to the Black Hills country. We did a bit over 3000 miles in a week on the road this trip.
20160619_131901.jpg

very cool ride, love it and good on you guys for the mileage. super cool

Don't go to Reading or London looking for politeness mind. In Reading (home town) most will just want to rob you or smack you in the face because its fun or something. People in London tend to just be a little up themselves(sorry for over generalising if you from Reading or London haha). But yes it does depend on your luck who you pick haha.
I now live in Dumfries which is a very rural, small & quiet town and i love ithere because 95% of the population are polite, kind & helpful.

Good luck with the tanks, we (on here) obviously all need something to tinker with otherwise we wouldn't be here. This forum is one of the best i am a member of because it is soo diverse and everyone is willing to lend a hand and talk freely and kindly. We all know how important this hobby is to us and to preserve for others so it makes it that little more special.

Ok, so we need to either rename this thread or start a new off topic what you drive thread. Lets get our cars on here :) even if it is a boring Skoda! haha(driven wuite a few not boring Skoda's though!)
Last edited by Will01Capri on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Will typed his reply within the quote. If need be, I can fix it.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Off topic”