Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Y'all need to ease up!

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

43rdRecceReg wrote::O :O Some sort of Trans- Am muscle car?? Wow, that's half the power of a Merlin, almost.
I'm guessing that it must be about as economical as a Tiger 1, then? :P
:D :D I wonder what the equivalent would be in KW when we're all forced to go electric... :think:
He drives around in the newer "Bumble Bee," but he can't lure Meghan Foxx to drape over it. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I remember a conversation between a coach driver and an owner of an old trans am muscle car on Chelsea Bridge in London, during the old once a month Chelsea cruise. "How many miles do you get to the gallon?" "6." "Wow, that's the same as my coach!" :haha:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I had the pleasure of taking a two day train journey from the Hoogli Station Calcutta to Jogbani Junction on the India/Nepal border in the 60s care of the British Taxpayer, It of course was a First class sleeper drawn by a Steam Engine and a cultural eye opener,
I laughed like a drain for as we passed through miles of barren countryside a lad of about 9 or 10 was masturbating,
He was directing his pubescent efforts full frontal to the train,
I know Train spotting attracts many followers but I never saw the hobby as a sexual turn on :lolno:
Perhaps Jackalope could provide some insight ?
I am coming to the end of the "Anglo-Saxon Chronicles" (The English translation ) A great deal of the original text is included and then transcribed into modern English,
The similarity between the two found me often reading from the original without referring to the translation leaving me with thoughts of taking up the language,
The British Library is a rich source of Anglo-Saxon Literature much of it available on line.
So much to do so little time :)
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Jackalope drives a Dodge Charger. It's a nice car, and I understand that he has kids so he has different concerns, but I still think he should have gotten a Challenger. There's something about four doors on a muscle car that just rubs me the wrong way. But it is a nice car, and Terry likes it , so I guess that's all that counts.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

As a general question, has anyone driven an electric or hybrid car? I had a Mitz Outlander 4WD plug in hybrid for a weekend and loved it. Did l buy it? No, it costs £7k to replace the batteries when they fail (all electrics are about the same) so affordable used models carry the risk!

Maybe hydrogen power is not too far off but in the mean time my 4 litre fuel injected V8 keeps a smile on my face and with solar panels on the home roof l feel reasonably carbon neutral.

Back in the early '70s l was the local police favourite with my highly road illegal Capri RS2600 works replica, built it while l was at design college so l had access to all the tools and a friend at Boreham RS helped. I NEVER paid to get into a race circuit, just drove up to the paddock entrance and got waved in!

Attended Chelsea Cruise every month Mick, made most of the mags and got to know most London and Kent magistrates :)Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I used to go there between 36 and 40 years ago. If you were ever there then and were caught up by the bikers holding up the traffic to clear the bridge for madmen doing excess 100mph wheelies for the crowd, I apologise for my friends holding you up :D

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You know, we have a thread dedicated to our personal vehicles. You might want to check that out. It's pretty interesting. If you need a link, let me know and I'll get one when I get home.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I used to go there between 36 and 40 years ago. If you were ever there then and were caught up by the bikers holding up the traffic to clear the bridge for madmen doing excess 100mph wheelies for the crowd, I apologise for my friends holding you up :D
I found that bikers tended to get out of my way - no exhaust system, just a pipe emerging each side that drowned out anything nearby! :) l could do the full length of the bridge in smoke and that's with 10inch wide CR65mk3 intermediates, not 225 skinnies! Bikes were a bit boring in the seventies - not now though!!

Link? Thanks for the offer but this thread lost its way long ago... l will find it though as there isn't much new tank stuff at the mo'. I must knuckle down and do some work myself. Oh, and my favourite NASCAR type was the one with the very high loop rear wing...was that yours?

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Forgot you're much older than me, you were there before my time, probably why I never recognised your car. I didn't start going there till 79/80.

jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Max beat me to it, 2016 Dodge Charger R/T. I had kids, they're grown and gone now. Still have my dogs so the back doors come in handy. Hell my rear seats have only been used 3 or 4 times! I'm not sure about the Challenger, it's not bad it just doesn't seem proportioned properly to me and I'm not really a fan of it's interior lay out. Unless something catastrophically bad happens to my Charger it'll probably be the last new car I buy.

And I'm perfectly fine if this thread evolves in a good direction to have it remain. I just want everyone to be friends and have no hard feelings here. There's enough BS in the real world that we need an escape.

Return to “Off topic”