Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Y'all need to ease up!

Post by Max-U52 »

That's my holy grail, to build a fully functional 1/6 schwimmwagen with all the bells and whistles. Still looking for the dragon kit to start with. Right now I'm tempted by a dragon U.S. Jeep on ebay. (the only alternative the spellchecker offered for schwimmwagen was Schwarzenegger :haha: )

Anyway, Roy, if you lived a bit closer I might be tempted to get you one of these for your next birthday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-1-1-Wo ... 3d931182ac

That's something you don't see hangin' in too many parlors. 8) :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:That's my holy grail, to build a fully functional 1/6 schwimmwagen with all the bells and whistles. Still looking for the dragon kit to start with. Right now I'm tempted by a dragon U.S. Jeep on ebay. (the only alternative the spellchecker offered for schwimmwagen was Schwarzenegger :haha: )

Anyway, Roy, if you lived a bit closer I might be tempted to get you one of these for your next birthday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-1-1-Wo ... 3d931182ac

That's something you don't see hangin' in too many parlors. 8) :wave:
Very impressive (and expensive), Gary. Couldn't it be possible to find the real thing for less (minus the explosive, of course)?
My son has a fully functional WW2 Lee-Enfield, Gary (I posted pics of me firing it a couple of years back). Now, I'd like that hanging off my wall. :D
AS my twilight years approach, this boy-racer of the past, is likely to need some sort of mobility scooter to get around on (a sort of motorised Zimmer frame :| ). What I'd like, though, is a 1/4 scale Bren Carrier to ride around in.
That would handle the terrain here perfectly, and cut the right image near the Loch (Ewe) that once provided a safe haven for Britain's Russian Arctic Convoys. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Black Knight wrote:
General Jumbo01 wrote:As a general question, has anyone driven an electric or hybrid car? I had a Mitz Outlander 4WD plug in hybrid for a weekend and loved it. Did l buy it? No, it costs £7k to replace the batteries when they fail (all electrics are about the same) so affordable used models carry the risk!

Maybe hydrogen power is not too far off but in the mean time my 4 litre fuel injected V8 keeps a smile on my face and with solar panels on the home roof l feel reasonably carbon neutral.

Back in the early '70s l was the local police favourite with my highly road illegal Capri RS2600 works replica, built it while l was at design college so l had access to all the tools and a friend at Boreham RS helped. I NEVER paid to get into a race circuit, just drove up to the paddock entrance and got waved in!

Attended Chelsea Cruise every month Mick, made most of the mags and got to know most London and Kent magistrates :)Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Nice Capri mate!

Mid-90s I had a 2.8i with a 4.2 V8 Range Rover lump dropped in, bumpers removed and a Tickford bodykit fitted and a Cosworth whaletale (picnic table) hanging off the rear - possibly the most fun car I ever owned :haha:
To answer one set of questions, I have had a go in all the old Teslas, but tried the model 3 yet. The Model S p100d ludicrous was insanely fast off the line, we managed something like 2.2secs to 60 in it with full launch control. It was fun like 3 or 4 times and then got boring as hell as there was no drama.
I prefer my older crapper cars as they are more raw and excite you more.
That Capri is cool, I need to finish mines and stop 3d printing models haha. 302 out a 60s Mustang getting 344 scat crank, alloy heads, big carb and we reckon it's going to be running 450hp+ for he front of my stripped out lightweight Capri. :)
Only 2 seats and lots of scaffolding as it only going to get driven hard on back roads....... I mean race tracks haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Max-U52 wrote:Here's the original car thread

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24737&p=234450#p234450

If you get a chance, Mick, take a look because something seems wrong. Will started the thread but the first post is from Carl and it's obviously not where it should be. It might even be from another thread. The real thread doesn't start till the third post where Norton shares his rides. And nice ones they are. And that's not Will's original post so there may be other stuff missing from before Norton's post. Anyway, You'll see what I mean.
It was me that started that thread, it was around the time you kept denying that you served in the civil war, I posted a picture of a very old car, then gave the thread the title. . . . Max-U52's first car. . . . This isn't that picture as I couldn't find the original, but this looks more fitting @)
Don't forget, some old soak caused me to lose my old posts. . . .
Oh, and in the original picture, the car had a sheep to power it, hence Carl's post about sheep sounds.
Haha I remember that, it was ages ago lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Post by Max-U52 »

Yeah, it's been a while, but this is still a pretty good thread and if anyone wants to show off their ride, I guess this is now the place to do it.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
pitstain
Corporal

Re: Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Post by pitstain »

First vehicle I ever bought, 2002 Ford SVT F-150 Lightning, way too many mods to list, but Dyno's a respectable 400HP/500 LB/FT TQ to the rear wheels. Still own it to this day. 1 of maybe 5000 made that year, but now getting more rare as they get totaled out by morons.

Accross from NYC near the George Washington Bridge
IMG_20150828_182851.jpg
My 2006 Subaru WRX Limited wagon, a few power mods, such a good car, missed her since I sold her. this one was as rare as hensteeth, or some similar saying.
wrx
wrx
2007 Subaru Forester XT Sports, basically a chubby WRX, more mods done to this one before I sold it. one of less than a couple thousand in world rally blue.
fxt
fxt
Current Daily driver 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, 1 of only about 1000 ever made in this particular color.
4runner
4runner
All I ever own is very unique versions of very common cars.

This is where I was directed to park at the largest monthly car show in the USA when I first moved to Atlanta.
show
show
At least with the Tamiya tanks I don't have to sell one to buy another, I get to keep them all (for now at least)

Return to “Off topic”