Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Max-U52's first car. . . .

Post by Will01Capri »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
silversurfer1947 wrote:Will typed his reply within the quote. If need be, I can fix it.
WHooops haha!
i will fix it, its ok i found it funny aswell now you pointed it out ;)

I noticed, thought I'd take the mickey ;)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Post by Will01Capri »

Some pics of the cars & big projects :)

My wife's BMW Mini Cooper S R53 2003, has a few tweaks like a rejig on the S/C pulley ratio and brakes etc. Currently getting renovation as been off the road for 18months!
ImageStripping down the Mini to fix a few issues. One being a seized and non working alternator. Replace radiator due to leak & find a boost leak. by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

The family Wagon Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon 2.4JTD 10v 2002, has a fair few tweaks to make it safer like upgraded brakes, refurbished alloys(i did myself), straight through exhaust with no boxes for a cool evil sound, Upgraded full suspension package and GTA thicker anti-roll bars plus a sneaky remap for fuel economy. Wolf in a battered sheeps clothing haha
ImageFamily wagon by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

My daily run around Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6. Far too many mods to list, but i will try to name a few major ones. KW V3 coilovers, polybushed throughout, eibach anti-roll bars, upgraded 330 Brembo brakes and carbon ceramic pads, full stainless exhaust and straight flow manifolds, Quaife torque biasing diff and fair few other things. This thing really flies and can show a fair few Porsche's a thing or two haha.
ImageFew old pics by Will Pattinson, on Flickr
Sexy engine bay
ImageAlfa 156 GTA by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Car we use for weddings a RIley RMA 1.5 1948. Mostly standard old girl. A real charm to drive!
ImageRiley RMA by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Another car for weddings once it gets a bit more work a Riley RMF 2.5 1953. Runs a bit crap after last wedding i did. Needs a full overhaul but can be driven short journeys.
ImageRiley RMF by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Just for fun, although been off the road a few years now due to other priorities a Jaguar E-Type Series 1 1/2 4.2 2+2. I love this thing, it gets driven hard everytime we drive it, it doesn't mind shaking it arse about and generally acting like a hooligan for an old girl. Quite a few passengers have been surprised what this thing can actually do. But it is due for a radical overhaul and upgrade package as we need a little more from her.
ImageWhen it was getting renovated a few years back by Will Pattinson, on Flickr
Pictures were taken during last renovation 6 years ago+.

A labour of love! My Ford Capri Track/Race car i have been building for some time now!!!!!
It is supposed to be a 1.6, but actually a poor little 302 Crate Motor will be hidden away inside to scare the public and its occupants! This is soo heavily modified it is unreal. Nothing is standard and it is going to be mad!
It probably won't see the road much in favour for getting on a track and going silly.
ImageCapri on its wheels! by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

That isn't all of them, but a few good ones to show. I don't like selling cars so we have them all still haha.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow Will that's quite an impressive resume of vehicles
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

c.rainford73 wrote:Wow Will that's quite an impressive resume of vehicles Image
I try haha. There are 3 other heavy restorations awaiting some attention and some other vehicles for holidays etc. But nothing worth showing up here as people might see them and think i am mad! haha

My 3 year old son already has a car lined up sitting on the driveway for him to help his Daddy build up into something quite unique so he can go have fun in it. (Vauxhall Corsa C with GSXR1100 Methanol tuned bike engine!! shhh don't tell anyone!)

To finish the garage i need a 993 GT2(although probably will never be able to come close to owning one!), a late 1960's Fastback Mustang for my wife & i need a little bit more modern car to turn into a mad race car, although that may turn up to be another Alfa 156 saloon haha!)

No more for now!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I do admire your ability to do so much with little children in the equation. I know I'm right there with you!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

c.rainford73 wrote:I do admire your ability to do so much with little children in the equation. I know I'm right there with you! Image
It's hard but I wake up early for work. Then get home have family time. Then kids in bed and models. Weekends 1 to 2 days cars and the spare time if any family time and back to work again haha. I only sleep 4-6 hrs which seems to help.

Obviously weather helps sometimes aswell :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Nice car list there. Gotta love the old crap. Much better than these modern pieces of junk they make nowadays
I like to maintain my own cars and that is much easier on older cars.

I love sleepers but they taking my sleep.away haha.
The family car is a hoot though as it got 400Nm + toeque and in region of 200hp.
The Capri is trying as much as possible to look stock, but the full cage dies stand out a little haha.
9.5inch rear width and 8.5 wide front Compomotives are going on the Capri. Got them off and old race Porsche and machined them to for Ford hubs. Need them.to cover the big Brembos up front haha.

As for.money, let's not go there at all. Too much is all I can say and I'm poor because of cars!

Share some old car pics aswell
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well, since my name's on the title I guess I just oughta post something. You guys have seen the Barracuda and the Camaro

I don't have any photos of the Chevelle (66), the Roadrunner ('69), the Javelin ('72), the Torino ('70), the Fiero ('85) and this is the only photo I can find that shows the Mini out in the driveway.

Oh yeah, we like to keep a few bikes around, too. @)

Now I drive a 2011 Malibu. How times change.

One more thing ... Helmet Laws Suck.

Edit, October 3, 2019

Michigan has long since repealed the helmet law, and joined the proud community of states that (at least in this case) believes in personal liberties first. They say Nevada has the fewest number of states laws of any state. Oops, off on a tangent. Michigan repealed in 2012, and the world still hasn't come to an end. :haha: @) :/ ;)
Last edited by Max-U52 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Here are my rides going back:

1981 - my Dad and I had matching Honda XL500s
HondaXL.jpg
2010 - I bought my Dad's 1982 BMW R100, that he bought new after selling his Honda.
R100S.jpg
Now - the R100 was a little slow. The BMW R1200S with Ohlins suspension and Remus pipes. I consider this my German 'Ducati'.
R1200S.jpg
Last edited by Estnische on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Nice.
'Helmet laws suck' comment made me laugh! I guess thia is something new. In the UK since I was born u have always had to have one

As for the past owned cars. That sounds like a nice dream car garage. Old skool cool. Gotta love em.

As for banganomics I like everything apart from the idea of banger racing any of my cars hence why I keep.them.
The family shed was a bargain 700 18months ago. Although with all work required it cost 5 times that now.
Not one for looking at residual value, I just like to fix and improve everything
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Off topic”