Tank trailers

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Tank trailers

Post by MichaelC »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on these hauler and trailers. Specifically if they have rubber tires or just hard plastic ones and the trailer width.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-John-Deere- ... 1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Britains-1-16-B ... 1438.l2649

MichaelC.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tank trailers

Post by jarndice »

I cant answer the question but I can add another likely subject and that is "BRUDER" who also sell Trailers in 1/16 for very low prices,
I don't know whether its tyres are the real thing either :lolno:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you trawl through the Bruder site on -----
www.bruder.de
They have a "Conventional" (To UK members "Bonneted") Mack with an opening hood (Bonnet)with a Low Loader and excavator, The truck has options including a "Sound and Light" set and a WORKING WINCH !!! in 1/16, as well as a 5th wheel in the accessory section,
In as far as I can see any detail the tyres appear to be the real deal,
This is a site worth exploring.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: the lowloader i have has plastic wheels i looked into putting tamiya axels in but its just so dear and the plastic ones look good anyway :thumbup: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi michaelc

Yes both have plastic wheels
And lots of money need to convert .,
both beds are way to narrow for tanks ..
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Funnily enough I’ve just bought a Bruner tractor unit from EBay, the listing says rubber tyres & working suspension, if it is as it says I stole it for £15Image
Bruder 1:16 MERCEDES BENZ ACTROS TRUCK 4143 Yellow Tractor Unit Made in Germany https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2896449555
Beware though some Bruner stuff is very basic with plastic tyres with a hollow back.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

When I first read the title of the thread I thought you were looking for something like this fuel trailer I used to pull behind my Panzer IV (before I sold it, anyway). @) :/ :haha: :haha:

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Let me resurrect this and see if anyone has new info. I found this

https://www.target.com/p/big-farm-peter ... A-75567282

It might be worth it as a starting point, otherwise I may try and put something together with wpl parts and maybe a 3D printed deck. Sheet styrene would probably be easier.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi if you have a 3d printer you can make your own https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=ta ... 4c3d58e037

all free just need to buy the Tamiya wheels which dont cost much.

regards pete
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Bruder low loaders are a perfect match for 1/14 Tamiya tractor units and can be found on EBay regularly for around £30 ish. The tyres are a compressible rubber/plastic compound and are grippy without binding on floor surfaces when doing "twist' turns with a heavy tank load, ie ideal.

They are well proportioned and very strong, coming with loading ramps and legs, and are easy to modify and add detail. As for width, they are realistic and accommodate all the tanks in 1/16 scale where wide examples have some track overhang, just as in 1/1 examples. The standard 3 axle trailer will accommodate a T-34, Sherman etc for length but for King Tigers, Leopard 2 and similar you will need to extend them to 4 axles (as shown).

If you enjoy model making this is a simple task of buying two trailers, carefully cutting and shutting them to provide one 4 axle and one 2 axle example. I used 2mm aluminium plate to reinforce and join the sections. You can fit servos to operate the loading ramps and legs or swap out the legs for Tamiya ones. You can then fit Tamiya 5th wheel coupling pins so that Tamiya tractor cabs can haul them.

You can add all sorts of detail parts, such as winches, chains/hooks, tool storage boxes, lamps, rear tie hooks and, if needed, additional width extension platforms as used in real low loaders (the trailers already have the mouldings for these though not working, that's for you to add!)

If you want to go really heavy duty, Bruder also do a 2 axle dolly to haul two trailers but, having been there and worn the T-shirt, you will need more than a WPL based truck to pull even one tank. Go Tamiya :)ImageImageImage

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Off topic”