Oh no, a lady doctor. . . .

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Oh no, a lady doctor. . . .

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well, the doctor is part of a race called the 'Time Lords' therefore, his mother is/was a Time Lord, the Master is a Time Lord, and he's already been a woman, and what a good addition to the storyline she was.
And River Song is sort of a Time Lord by default, and she was very good.
Yes, I like to make jokes about the doctor being a woman, but I'm still prepared to give her a chance, she can't be any worse than John Pertwee.

Mick.
Should it now be that the Doctor is a 'Time Lady'? On the Gender thing (and strictly speaking, historically, 'gender' was only a grammatical term..) I've often wondered how 'actresses' have morphed into 'Actors', and yet 'Princesses' haven't become
'Princes' :problem: :D Lady Doctor, yeah, why not? Have to agree that Karen Gillan (from Inverness :thumbup: ) was indeed a great companion: a braw lassie! But....i do wish the BiasedBBC ('Al Beeb') would keep Political Correctness out of it's programming..
Fat chance of that though. :thumbdown: They're driving a 'Brave new World' where people can 'choose' their sex and race :shh:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

The offending missing first post. Says it all really. . . .

Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:The offending missing first post. Says it all really. . . .

Looks as if you've become quite the Time-Traveller yourself, Mick. :lolno: Your Mission, should you accept it, is to travel back in time, and repair every thread HB has so shamelessly excised you from. :thumbdown:
Fascinating stuff. :) Theseus had a ball of string to extricate himself from the maze that King Minos had thrown him in. You, by contrast, seem to be able to string all your old threads together to navigate the Forum. 8O
Photographic memory?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Nah, had to hunt them down, I thought I'd bring a bit of sense to some after Gary (Max-U52) found one confusing.

As for time travel. . . .

That's the DC character Flash the doctor is telling off if anyone is wondering :thumbup:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

43rdRecceReg wrote:Your Mission, should you accept it, is to travel back in time, and repair every thread HB has so shamelessly excised you from. :thumbdown:
As for Herman, I won't hear a bad word said against him.

Accidents happen, the actual spammer made three posts the same, and I gave the same reply to all of them.

Therefore I had put myself in a risky position.

Herman is good at what he does as a moderator, and at the time he was doing a move.

I'm sure we've all made mistakes we regret, you included, hence you hearing "I pay your wages" a lot :P :haha:

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Yes, HB's a good guy and an excellent quipster. Just indulging in a spot of satire. :D
Tracking down missing posts is somewhat akin to solving 'clueless' crosswords, where you're only provided with numbered squares ( like in the Times 'Codeword')-and the numbers correspond with letters of the alphabet, and the hapless solver is only provided with two or three letters...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Oh, I got your satire :thumbup:

Just that my little nugget of satire was much more subtle ;) "at the time he was doing a move" :D

Return to “Off topic”