Howes Models

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.

Postby aikmanmosquito » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Well as promised I thought I'd update re my first experience of using Howes Models. I received a refund today, it came through via Amazon, not sure if it was them who just refunded me or was the model shop. Not a peep from Howes, when I called them the day their tank arrived and stated I wasn't happy they said they grunted a half hearted 'sorry', however not an email or anything to inform me that they've received the substandard model back, or to offer an explanation as to why I was sent the rubbish I was. Whether anyone agrees or not I am convinced I was sent a tank that someone sent back. All in all a poor show! yes I've received my money back, however I should have had my first Sherman to play with and as it is I am wondering where to go to buy one. Forgebear have been recommended, however they say they cannot supply one for over three weeks, and impatience is setting in fast. I have seen a few suppliers on ebay who have good feedback but I'm not sure whether to buy from them or not, and I seem to have ruffled some feathers on here, which I did apologise for so not sure if I'll get any assistance with who to buy from. If I wasn't so impatience and desperate to have a Sherman to play with I'd wait for Dave at Forgebear, but I don't think I can wait that long!

aikmanmosquito
Recruit

Postby jackalope » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:15 pm

You got your refund so I'm going to move this post out if the blacklist as now it no longer fits, I'll move it to the off topic section.

As for the tank chill out! :haha: Wait for Dave, trust me it'll be worth the wait.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Postby Jake79 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 pm

If you can't wait theres always HAYA UK LTD, nice chap runs it.... prices are competitive on the basic heng longs.
http://www.hayaltd.co.uk/Heng_Long_116_ ... 57833.aspx
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby Simon M » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:27 am

I've bought many rc things from Howes including my thanks, they've always been helpful & spot on with pricing & delivery, on etching to note is they occasionally sell faultt returns off cheap so you may have got one of these, I'd happily use them again
Simon M
Lance Corporal

Postby jarndice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:26 pm

At least unlike Nitrotek or Tankzone, Howes have a bricks and mortar building in Kidlington High Street Oxfordshire.
That does not make them better people but at least you know where they are if you feel like sending the bailiffs round.
jarndice
Major

Previous

Return to Off topic