SAD EVENTS

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: SAD EVENTS

Post by jarndice »

Herman all I can say is Nightmare,,
I am so desperately sorry,
It does not help that everyone who cares is as angry, frustrated and helpless as you and your family.
We have only our prayers,
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks mate.................I consider myself of strong character, one that has a solution for anything, but right now, Im out of answers, out of hope, and out of an end to it all.

I know being the cynic that I am , that there has to be another hit coming............

As long as its not another child ,I can cope.

Makes it hard to find the fun and recreational haven that is tank modelling.

Folks

Life is supposed to be mostly fun ,with a bit of shit in the mix, so do not shrink from those moments that look better than shit.
You will miss them, trust me.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Herman I am truly sorry to hear this. I admire your ability to stay strong as I Know that is the hardest part. I know you are half a world away from many of us but please let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
When they knock you down six times, get up seven. This is awful news. You are and have to be a rock for your family. Words seem of little use I know but the guys behind them are all right here. We can listen if nothing else.
with all regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Herman, oh my God! What the hell is going on?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Hi Herman

I can only empathise, I know exactly how you feel, been there done that as they say. It's like being cast adrift in the middle of the ocean in a boat with no sails, and no land within sight. The hull has a hole in it, and the sharks are circling. As many have said, what next? All I can say, as I have learnt, is that there are no rules, no limit on coincidences etc, things 'just happen'. Sometimes they happen to someone else, sometimes to us, and none of us call the shots. There is nothing that you can do, maybe something else will happen, maybe it won't, but as long as it doesn't...live your life.

There is someone on this forum who has a life threatening illness, died twice on Christmas Eve, and has no memory of anything between 18th Dec and mid-January, was on life support, ventilator, and at 'the door', Fortunately he is now back home and slowly recovering, but he knows that there is no hope of ever getting back to full operational health.

I won't even begin to tell you how many people I know have popped their clogs, ended up brain damaged, in wheelchairs, at relatively young ages. Family included. I just get on with it, it's called life, and no matter what comes my way, everything that has happened in my life (yes, including a microsecond live or or die decision that I had to make once) is at the end of the day what life is, and those experiences have simply made me more able to cope with whatever the world throws at me. Nothing fazes me anymore.

Trust me, you will be stronger, you will cope ok, you are only at the start of a long journey, and the path although unknown is there, you will find it one step at a time.

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

A lot of people have already spoken some of what I feel for you. I can't put into any worthwhile words the full sense of my feelings. On occasions, life does not make any sense. Sadly we can not undo what is done, but with the help and thoughts of everyone, move forward from where you are. Trite words, I know, but hopefully you get what I am thinking.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Im really really sorry about it. The only thing I could tell you is that you should try to have your head busy as much as you can. Buy yourself another tank or start with another hobby. Do wathever you can to have your head busy.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

sorry to hear about your son Herman my sympathies to you at this sad news tanker 242
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:( :O It's a string of scarcely credible bad fortune such as yours, that makes atheists of some us. No-one should have to face what you have to, and if there were a anthropomorphic supernatural supervisor out there, he/she would have to be a pathological sadist. Totally empathise, Herman.
Many years ago I was looking at a book in the local library when a letter fell out. I suppose it had been used as a marker. Out of curiosity, I read the letter. It was from a recently widowed woman, who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Additionally, her parents had died recently within a month of one another, and she was being threatened with eviction as she had been unable to keep her job. (The Benefit Society we know now, had not emerged then.. in the 1970s) Thus, she was writing to an old friend for support and reassurance; one who had emigrate to the US some years ago. Her tone was philosophic, even courageous, in the face of this s***ty bunch of events that life had dumped from on high upon her. She even affected a form of plucky British stoicism, and ended the letter with warm greetings, together with the wish for a positive account of the 'good life' her friend was doubtless leading abroad.
But.... I then looked at the envelope; there were several official stamps upon it. The one that leapt out, though, was the one had stamped "Return to Sender'. The reason given was: "Occupant (of the address) deceased...."
I've never forgotten that. Fairness is an illusion, sadly...it taught me that, among other events (My Glaswegian Mum launched into lifelong schizophrenia when my brother and I were only 7 and 5 respectively.. :thumbdown: ) Some folk go through life untouched by adversity, others get well and truly s*at upon.
I sincerely hope that things improve for your Son and Brother, Herman. Very, very soon. Chin up. If this is rock bottom now, then UP is the only valid direction...
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”