SAD EVENTS

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

SAD EVENTS

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G'day guys
Just letting the membership know I have had a terrible event occur that has affected my attention to club mod duties.
My oldest son, living in New Zealand was a rear seat passenger in a vehicle that left the road and struck a tree.
Both front occupants were treated and released, my boy was trapped for two hours and was airlifted to hospital.
A 10 hour operation and she's suffered a catastrophic severing of his spine and will never walk again.
Along with other injuries he's looking at a year of rehab to regain any movement at all.

Why him I ask at only 22

Not wearing a seat belt

It's done & nothing can change it, but I urge you all to not take fundamental things in life for granted or put it off until tomorrow, as one day that tomorrow might never come.

I am still able and willing to carry on mod duties here as it will be a very welcome haven from the stark reality of real life.

I've not checked in until today and there is much for me to catch up on, please bear with me while we go through this unarguably worst time in our families lives.

Cheers

Herman & co
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: SAD EVENTS

Post by wibblywobbly »

There are no words Hermann, none at all.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Words are totally inadequate in a situation like this. Speaking for myself and I guess for all the other members, i would just say my thoughts are with you and all your family at this time. Medics have been know to be wrong, and miracles do happen now and then. I can't really think of anything else to say. Maybe being here can be some slight distraction.

Kind regards
Richard
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Thoughts are with you Herman.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Herman our thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. We have also experienced a devastating impact on a child and there are times when you ask the questions why us/him/Her? All that can be done is to hold on to hope and do your best for your family at this horrendously difficult time, just never give up on the hope that things can be better, medicine is constantly developing and improving and amazing things sometimes do happen.

Thinking of you
Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

My thoughts are with you Herman.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Herman I'm so so sorry for this but then we've already talked, again if I can do anything other then offer prayers please let me know.

Terry
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

That's a terrible situation Herman and I'm very sorry to hear the news. Best wishes to you and your family during this challenging time.
Great advances are happening with spinal cord repair all the time so don't give up hope.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

I am so sorry to hear this Herman. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Dean
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Thats simply terrible Herman, I wish you and your family strength and the belief that your love for each other can pull you all through a terrible time. I really do wish all of you the best

Return to “Off topic”