Thanksgiving.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Thanksgiving.

Post by jarndice »

I would like to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to all our American members and their families on the Forum especially given the hell we have all suffered this past year.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Thanksgiving.

Post by Jimster »

Thank you! Pulled this off the smoker late last night. Spiral cut brown sugar glazed. Pay no attention to the burned drippings on the cookie sheet but listen to the crackling sound of pure smokey deliciousness.
Happy 400th Thanksgiving!
https://youtube.com/shorts/UblaF9Y8cfU?feature=share
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Thank you! Pulled this off the smoker late last night. Spiral cut brown sugar glazed. Pay no attention to the burned drippings on the cookie sheet but listen to the crackling sound of pure smokey deliciousness.
Happy 400th Thanksgiving!
https://youtube.com/shorts/UblaF9Y8cfU?feature=share
You have English settlers to thank for that, Jim (not the roast, of course, but the festival :haha: ). I suppose people often attribute it to the 'Founding Fathers', but I might be amongst the first to recognise that the 'Founding Mothers' certainly played their part!. I've gone all veggie lately, but thinking of Lloyd Bridges in 'Airplane', and looking at your roast, 'it wasn't a good week' to go all vegetarian. Hmm..that's more like semi-flexitarian, in my case, as I allow myself to yield to the odd meaty temptation. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

jarndice wrote:I would like to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to all our American members and their families on the Forum especially given the hell we have all suffered this past year.
Thank you Sir! We can only hope things will continue to improve for all of us everywhere! :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I heard just yesterday that the Eastern US Native Americans/Indians who first joined a few Brits in a thanksgiving actually celebrated 18 thanksgiving feasts each year, coinciding with the harvests of various wild and cultivated fruits, vegetables, and meat. I'm all for more holidays, myself. :D I hope you all had feast-ivities with friends and/or family. Oh, I mean those of you in the UK, too. (Why not celebrate getting rid of a PITA colony who will only make iced tea in huge quantities. ;) ) I know many immigrants to the US from all over the world who celebrate holidays from the "old country" as well as the US. :clap: Get me another beer!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’ll grab a brew for both of us and bring some leftovers as well. Down to some smoked ham and macaroni and cheese.

Return to “Off topic”