A new sensible family car maybe...........

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.

Sensible yes or no :)

Poll ended at Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17 pm

YES, TOTALLY Genius
73%
NO, YOUR STUPID
27%

Total votes: 11

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: A new sensible family car maybe...........

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Estnische wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote: I get the Mustang desire, but a ‘69 would be a nicer choice that a new one, or at least a ‘71 Boss.
I get that too Herman, but a mate has a '69 Fastback. Old cars are nice to look at but are a pain in the arse. No brakes, sloppy steering, rust, crappy cold starts, theft risks - it all starts to get annoying when you drive a modern car.

What is this cold start you speak of !!! :haha:
Yeah, I do agree there, no turn key daily driver without ongoing upkeep.
But let’s just say that an Elon musk food processor driver couldn’t bag a chick next to a 69 fastback eh ! :shifty:
Well none that’s any good anyway :/
There’s a line in a song

Girls don’t like boys, girls like cars and money!!

A Hellcat will outlive a Volt for time immemorial
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Estnische wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote: I get the Mustang desire, but a ‘69 would be a nicer choice that a new one, or at least a ‘71 Boss.
I get that too Herman, but a mate has a '69 Fastback. Old cars are nice to look at but are a pain in the arse. No brakes, sloppy steering, rust, crappy cold starts, theft risks - it all starts to get annoying when you drive a modern car.
I suppose that depends on upkeep
I have a few old cars, but they tend to get alot of attention and they probably drive better than they ever did as i normally go to town on suspension and brakes. But everything is old on them and there is always that niggling thought, will i get there, have i got my recovery card with me haha.
But nothing beats driving an old PROPER car, modern cars have nothing on a proper good classic.
All my old cars though suffer the same issues.................. electrical! I have a new wiring loom for the E-Type Jaguars that i must fit sometime as that is their biggest annoyance. The number of times i have jerry rigged the ignition on an old Jaguar just so i could keep driving! Even had to take apart a spring actuated ball point pen so i could fix the sprung loaded contact in the distributor haha

I haven't driven a single old car since covid started, i am itching to get back into one of them now to stop the boredom of the new car syndrome. you jump in press a button and then arrive at destination. boring! Hence the need for something SENSIBLE ;D
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

tomhugill wrote:Hmmm so maybe an AMG e class estate or Audi rs5 Avant then?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
AMG E class estate, now that is a badass car. Yes i can agree very wild. It has everything really. Can't fault it apart from one thing. They do go wrong and they are a very complex car. When they go wrong, it always involves a HUUUUGE bill
Unfortunately like the RS6 you really need to buy those cars and pay for a warranty to help contribute when they go wrong big time!
Although the Audi RS option is probably the more reliable.
You look at the Holden offering in comparison, no offense but they were built by farmers for farmers. They are totally simple to work on.
The most complex thing on them is probably the radio or the headlights. Everything is built overly strong and they are rock solid. So if it did go wrong even a normal garage could go yeah thats an easy job

We have a 535d Tourer 15 plate and it is very much like the Audi & Merc above, but everything is expensive!
So i bought a warranty and so far they had to replace all the rear suspension system! Im glad i haven't needed to pay or it, £3k in parts and labour!
Its a lovely car though, not wild...... i mean sensible, unless you turn off dsc haha
So glad i didn't go for the newer model as they didn't release anything bigger than the 530d(in UK market at least) which is way down on power and then they fitted x drive meaning it is only 4wd. Boring! haha

Herman,
As far as my chick goes if someone pulled up next to her in a Tesla and the other side a 69 Mustang fastback, im sorry but she would be off in the Stang and laugh at the little man in the Tesla lol
She is a Petrolhead
But i think the driver of the Stang would be relegated to the passenger seat as she would want to drive it rather than just have a ride in it haha, she is a ggood girl
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Tom is on the right lines - B5 RS4 is on my wish list.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herman,
As far as my chick goes if someone pulled up next to her in a Tesla and the other side a 69 Mustang fastback, im sorry but she would be off in the Stang and laugh at the little man in the Tesla lol
She is a Petrolhead
But i think the driver of the Stang would be relegated to the passenger seat as she would want to drive it rather than just have a ride in it haha, she is a ggood girl

As indeed is mine.....................

The Defence Rests ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”