A new sensible family car maybe...........

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.

Sensible yes or no :)

Poll ended at Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17 pm

YES, TOTALLY Genius
73%
NO, YOUR STUPID
27%

Total votes: 11

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: A new sensible family car maybe...........

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The solution is in plain sight

JUST PRINT WHAT CAR YOU WANT!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"...my lad's Porsche Carrera 911...almost needs a parachute on 're-entry.'" In the mid-eighties, I got a ride in a 911 with a (then) young fellow who was just starting out as an engineer for Caterpillar. I watched him grow up, so I knew he had to struggled with a stutter. When we came back from the ride, his mother, grinning, asked me, "How did you like the ride?" Still white with terror, and perhaps a bit insensitively, I said "in the P-P-P-Porsche?" The son, mom, and dad all cracked up laughing. Then the mom said, "I love it." Sadly, the young fellow sold the Porsche right before he got married--so typical of an US Midwesterner. I'd be he'd like it back now that his own kids are pushing college age.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Haha great comments guys

Honda Civic Type R, i had a play of one at Knockhill a few years back for a good few laps and it was fun and extremely capable. Although it was tooooooo easy. Although as far as Hondas go i like the NSX and the S2000 and neither are good family cars haha
Porsche 911 air cooled would be a dream car for me, but i don't ever see being able to afford one unfortunately although if money was no object a 993 GT2 would be perfect
Merc G wagon maybe not, but a LandRover 110 v8 with Kahn body could be cool, but the £100k+ seems to be escaping me haha

Jim, a Jeep Wrangler.......... would be good as a tow car for my trailer for my Capri maybe

Printing my own car hahahahhahahaha, i see one manufacturer has done this now, but no way, the time it would to take rubbing down an entire car to make it smooth to paint, lol

I just cannot get a 4 door saloon v8 out of my head, although Catherine does politely remind me that the next car is suppose to be hers................ and she wants a Mustang V8, so there we have it......... watch this space
Btw go buy some models from Catherine so she can buy herself a V8 Mustang hahahahaha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

So i think the voting poll is now closed and we can clearly see that the majority of people voted for SENSIBLE
i thankyou all for your interesting input and shame on those of you who said i was stupid hahahahahahaha, love it lol

Don't worry, if i do buy one i will let you know ahead of time so you can start buying shares in tyre companies
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Get the HSV SS mate, they are weapons .
I get the Mustang desire, but a ‘69 would be a nicer choice that a new one, or at least a ‘71 Boss.
Oh, and the poll said get the NON sensible car, that being the V8 by the way.
Well it did to me.
Get the kids and the school mum mafia to rate it’s coolness when she rumbles into drop off in the morning
All the silver SUVs and VWs with their sterile look and sound will shit their pants :& suck their thumbs thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

You can get a nice Nissan GTR for reasonable money now - my mate got one a few years back and it was a right hoot, launch control was mental. Even gave 30mpg on a long trip!

I’ve gone for an suv of sorts - wife prefers the higher driving position, must admit I prefer it too. It’s 2wd and petrol so not quite a gas guzzling 4wd.

Sticking to the Willys Jeep for my (low speed) thrills.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Gtr is an awesome piece of kit no doubt. But after test driving cars on test tracks and race circuits, nothing beats a wild 2wd car.
Going 4wd or awd just takes some of the lunacy away :(
However you made a good point as they did do a Stagea back in the day which was a Skyline estate thingy. It would make quite a cool sensible family car.

Unfortunately I think stuff like the Tesla model S p100d ludicrous ruined the idea of having a fast car. I did a launch in one which gave us 2.3s to 60mph and it was phenomenally fast. But it was also really boring. It just did it.
When I do a hard launch in our BMW you have to get a little bit of skill going to get a cracking launch without lighting up the rears. We managed to get 5s to 60mph and there was more fun and sense of pride

I still remember the day my wife and I tried with me I our Mini and her in the family car. Quiet road and she absolutely demolished me, that Mini had 220hp and she left me for dead hahahaha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Have loved all my Mazda MX-5s (Miata for you US folks)...on my fourth one. Owned a '97 base, an '08 GT, a '14 GT, and now a '21 Club.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote: I get the Mustang desire, but a ‘69 would be a nicer choice that a new one, or at least a ‘71 Boss.
I get that too Herman, but a mate has a '69 Fastback. Old cars are nice to look at but are a pain in the arse. No brakes, sloppy steering, rust, crappy cold starts, theft risks - it all starts to get annoying when you drive a modern car.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hmmm so maybe an AMG e class estate or Audi rs5 Avant then?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Return to “Off topic”