F1 SPRINT QUALIFICATION

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: F1 SPRINT QUALIFICATION

Post by jarndice »

And of course a mixture of stacks of batteries and petrol tanks are quite safe in a high speed impact :shh: Perhaps you have not noticed that when a modern Formula 1 car crashes nobody is allowed near it until the batteries have been declared safe.
And not forgetting the fireball that engulfed a car the other year when it veered into the barrier when the petrol tank split open,
Read your entry ticket the next time you go to a race track, It will warn you that motor racing is dangerous and that you attend at your own risk!!!
Do you travel overseas in aircraft for your holidays? you are surrounded by Oxygen and jet fuel and multi engine turbines spinning at unbelievable speeds which just need a blade failure with the errant blade puncturing one of the fuel tanks or just like the Air France Concorde that ran over a small piece of metal while accelerating down the runway the failed tyre opening up the fuel tanks which spilled fuel onto the hot engine's and everyone died in the ensuing crash.
Everseen the newsreel of the 58 Le Man 24 hour where a Mercedes launched into the crowd and exploded killing 81 spectators, For your information the race continued.
Tazio Nuvolari a very famous racing driver was once asked by a journalist was he not afraid to get in such a dangerous machine,
Maistro Nuvolari asked the reporter where he expected to die,
Why in my bed of course he replied,
How do you have the courage to get into it said the great man who by the way did die in his bed :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Snowwolflair
Private

Post by Snowwolflair »

Now show us a video of a Hydrogen tank being instantly sliced in half.

Maybe the projectile in your video was a gun shot fired by Lewis, real accidents don't have only tiny projectiles
Last edited by Snowwolflair on Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Snowwolflair wrote:Now show us a video of a Hydrogen tank being instantly sliced in half.

Maybe the projectile in your video was a gun shot fired by Lewis, real accidents don't have tiny projectiles
:haha: :haha: :haha: THEY Blooming well do :lolno: :lolno: The Buncefield oil farm which exploded because the safety valve controlling the refilling of the tanks failed shredded nearby buildings literally cutting them to pieces by tiny projectiles,
Nobody was killed because the largest explosion in Western Europe since the end of WW2 happened at 0630 on a Sunday morning,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Alternate fuels aside, the new format I reckon created the level of frustration that boiled over into poor judgment on race day.
The qual'y race allowed some measure of luck to benefit some teams, and not others, rather like getting a tiny benefit from a team mates aero-wake to shave a poofteinth of a second off a lap to get a pole, when others dont get that.........

Created a preservation mode for cars & tyres, there was little hair raising passes during the quali race even though a lot depended on a good finish, people gave more room so it seemed.

The LH incident was avoidable, inexcusable, and bordering on malicious intent to hurt.(there you go, Im heading to ban myself :/ )
Of any of the corners to perform a 'Pitt Maneuver' on, that one was not it................and from a multiple world champion, was vindictive.
I liken it to The Rossi-Marquez 'kick off' a few season ago ...............that cheapened the Rossi brand, and I bet in hindsight he quietly regrets doing it.
With that outcome in mind, whats to prevent anyone dishing out a wheel to the rival, still getting points when the rival is out scoring zero, and free to line up again next race like nothing happened ??
If I was LH, Id keep doing that until Verstappen runs out of cars, !!
F1 is supposed to be a managed risk carried out by intelligent skilled jokers that should be horse jockeys, that live better than rock stars, and that one demonstration of spiteful revenge born of frustration must never be allowed or condoned to reoccur.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Yesterday i read a report about Red Bull and the budget limit.
A chassis costs around 1.2 million ...
It becomes a problem for the team if more than two chassis are destroyed.
The budget limit means
that has to be rescheduled
and further development is no longer possible.
Both Mercedes and Red Bull have each lost a Cassis this season ...

Return to “Off topic”