HOWZZATT

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.

Postby jarndice » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:58 pm

HOWZZATT !!!
And anyone whoever doubted that God is an Englishman only had to watch the last ten minutes of the England, New Zealand Cricket match for proof.
And the biggest winner of the whole competition was Sportsmanship both on the pitch and in the stands. :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
jarndice
Major

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:51 pm

What an epic script that was !!!
Does a lot for the game.
Well done you jokers, shame about the rugby though !!
HERMAN BIX
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am

Cricket's not really my thing, Shaun, but did see some edited highlights and was wowed by the unprecedented speed and athleticism -for Cricket-of the contenders,-as well as the too-ing and fro-ing of the potential outcome. :D
Lately, and maybe others have caught the bug, but I find myself absolutely hooked on watching the Lycra Lads in the Tour De France (ITV 4 and elsewhere). With views from helicopters, motorbikes, drones and bikes, it's a visual feast. In fact, it's like going on a virtual tour of France and guest nations ( e.g the start in Yorkshire a few years back) from the comfort of the (ersatz) Lazy Boy. :) :)
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby HERMAN BIX » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:00 am

Oi! mr Jarndice
HowZAAAATTTTT !!!!
Edgebaston eh!
Who’d of thunk
HERMAN BIX
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 am

Only 251 runs, a mere trifle. . . . :'(
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Bad form today, Smith getting booed by some bad eggs when he came back out to bat after having his neck checked out.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby jarndice » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:08 pm

I am with you there Mick,
Banter from the home crowd at the beginning is acceptable indeed when we are talking about the Ashes it is traditional but booing a player when he rejoin's the match after suffering an injury that just a few years ago killed Phillip Hughes is more than wrong it comes very close to being a hate crime,
I hope after a night of reflection the participants in this ugly occurrence decide to act in the spirit of the game ie Hard but fair as played by Gentlemen/Women.
jarndice
Major

Postby HERMAN BIX » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Mark my words as a Kiwi, I care not who wins the Ashes, but enjoy the competition.
For me the real and undisputed winner of the Ashes is Steve Smith.
The loser of the Ashes is Dave Warner................hes such a goneburger.
HERMAN BIX
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby jarndice » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Steve Smith annoys the bejesus out of me,
No not because he appears impossible to get out but for goodness sake will he please stop the mad jerks and jumps and faffing around between balls.
I used to watch tennis until the incessant groans and screams became fashionable,
I love cricket but if the best batsman in the World begins to be copied in his extraordinary mannerisms by other batsmen I may take a greater interest in synchronised swimming at the cost of watching cricket,
I have enjoyed this series of test matches because at least this time with the exception of some players (On both sides) the quality has made it very watchable,
I think Jofre Archers introduction has reminded Senior international Teams that a true fast bowler has been absent for too long,
He has certainly helped to bring in the spectators,
The overall standard has been very high and coupled to the back to back World Cup Series the true winner is cricket.
jarndice
Major

Postby jarndice » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Now that it is over First a question, If the English TEAM could deliver such a good win in the last match where the h*ll was the TEAM in the others ?
And the second question , If Steve Smith (Hero) had not been put on the sick list thanks to Jofre Archer who outside of Australia would have ever have heard of Labuschagne ?
A player who was an unknown who is now a certainty to be picked for his Country for the foreseeable future,
And would people please stop saying Australia won the Ashes,
It was a draw which means Australia RETAIN the Ashes.
It makes a big difference to an Englishman :haha:
But a heartfelt Well done to an Australian side who came here under a cloud and are leaving with the respect that their efforts both on and off the field has been well deserved.
jarndice
Major

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:18 pm

jarndice wrote:Now that it is over First a question, If the English TEAM could deliver such a good win in the last match where the h*ll was the TEAM in the others ?
And the second question , If Steve Smith (Hero) had not been put on the sick list thanks to Jofre Archer who outside of Australia would have ever have heard of Labuschagne ?
A player who was an unknown who is now a certainty to be picked for his Country for the foreseeable future,
And would people please stop saying Australia won the Ashes,
It was a draw which means Australia RETAIN the Ashes.
It makes a big difference to an Englishman :haha:
But a heartfelt Well done to an Australian side who came here under a cloud and are leaving with the respect that their efforts both on and off the field has been well deserved.

With the exception of Labuschagne, Shaun, all of the Australian team had English surnames :) So, it was like a family get-together.
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby jarndice » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:38 pm

With a name like Labuschagne where else could he have been born but in South Africa :haha: :haha: And surprisingly Jofre Archer does not come from the County of Borchester but the Caribbean.
I never did see him as a gentleman farmer anyway. :D
jarndice
Major

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:41 pm

jarndice wrote:With a name like Labuschagne where else could he have been born but in South Africa :haha: :haha: And surprisingly Jofre Archer does not come from the County of Borchester but the Caribbean.
I never did see him as a gentleman farmer anyway. :D

:D :haha:
Yes, well.... :/ all the residents of Ambridge used to have West Country accents once; but then again, I stopped listening in the 1950s. I hate to think what PC propaganda tool it has morphed into. :shh:
I did drop in for a while when Brian Aldridge (with RP accent) began ploughing a furrow he shouldn't have (the one belonging to Siobhan, that is). Cheating on his spouse, Wendy, Brian managed to hit the listening public for six (or sex) week in week out.Indeed, his caddish behaviour slipped into legend, as he slipped into...well..thingy
Siobhan's ball-tampering also had a rapidly expanding band of radio rubber-neckers held in thrall.
It simply wasn't cricket. :lolno:
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby jarndice » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:02 pm

The great advantage of inventing your own County is you can use any accent you like and nobody can say its wrong,
As to Mr Aldridge he could never be called a gentleman although in real life he is married to a gentlewomen Shula,
I gave up listening when Nigel the idiot fell off the roof !!!
And now Joe has gone to meet the great poacher in the sky I doubt I shall return,
My spies (She who must be obeyed) tells me it is now very pc so never again will the sweet smell of slurry pass my door at 3 minutes past 7 pm :lolno:
jarndice
Major

Postby jarndice » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:24 pm

I am convinced that my demise will be hastened by the English Cricket Team yet again toying with my emotions when as yet again we were obviously going to walk to an easy win and then managed yet again to string it out to the point where a draw was the likely result,
Don't believe anyone who tells you that being an English Cricket supporter is easy.
jarndice
Major

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:49 pm

jarndice wrote:I am convinced that my demise will be hastened by the English Cricket Team yet again toying with my emotions when as yet again we were obviously going to walk to an easy win and then managed yet again to string it out to the point where a draw was the likely result,
Don't believe anyone who tells you that being an English Cricket supporter is easy.

Then imagine what a dispiriting pursuit it is to follow Scottish Football, and Rugby... :| Still, when it comes to losing heroically, few can compete with the Scots :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

It's almost as futile as supporting Michael Palin's inept 'Barnstoneworth United', as hapless 'Golden Gorden' did.
https://bufcsydney.com/club-history/
phpBB [video]

Change the accent, and switch the hat with a Tam O'Shanter, and you'll get the picture :lolno:
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby tomhugill » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:12 pm

jarndice wrote:I am convinced that my demise will be hastened by the English Cricket Team yet again toying with my emotions when as yet again we were obviously going to walk to an easy win and then managed yet again to string it out to the point where a draw was the likely result,

I don't think it was England's fault the game went down to the wire! We actually saw some knuckle down, grind it out and nearly save the game cricket from SA, hats off to them!

I was in a work team meeting most of today and could only occasionally check in, when they were only 5 down at about 1pm GMT, Anderson was looking iffy and it didn't look like they could buy a wicket is was ready for the draw.
tomhugill
Captain

Postby jarndice » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:56 pm

Tom if the English team did this sometimes I would welcome a close game but for goodness sake it is almost everytime,
I know and more importantly they know they are as good as most of the opposition and in many cases much better AND YET time without end we have to endure these heartstopping games and I am unwilling to peg out because of an aneurism or seizure caused by a Cricket match :lolno:
And it does not help when my lady keeps saying "Its only a silly game".
Darts is a game, Snooker is a game, Baseball is just Rounders under another name BUT CRICKET is LIFE :clap:
jarndice
Major

Return to Off topic