Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Post by Max-U52 »

I guess if you live in a tiny little country you need a tiny little car.

Ya walked right into that one, buddy. @) :/ @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And San Francisco isn't the only place in America that has winding roads. Try the ride from Flagstaff to Prescott Arizona. Try some of the roads in the Rocky Mountains. Or the Cumberlands, or the Appalachians. We've even got a great winding road just outside of Detroit, it's called Waterloo Road and those curves have taken the lives of a couple of my family members.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Mick, I'm also part of the .00000001 percent of Americans who realize that 96% of all the people in the world are NOT Americans.

As for Indy cars, I'm well aware of the fact that a majority of the bodies used to be made in England, quite a few of them by March McLaren, so I wouldn't say I walked into anything there. I've actually done work to March McLaren indy bodies ( they needed a new body panel to cover a new ignition system) and I've had parts that were made by Yours Truly run at both Indianapolis and Pocono. Of course, the very best bodies in the world are built in Italy and have a prancing horse on them.

My main point was that we have way more winding roads in the United States than you guys give us credit for. Now if only you guys had a few decent straightaways. Then you'd be able to build big bad muscle cars like we do in Detroit. @) @) @)
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

My Mum's side of the family (God rest her) are German.
My Tanks are of German outline.
All my garden railway is made in Germany of German and Austrian prototypes....

So I have one of these in white (Obviously with UK plates on it, but for security reasons I'm not posting a picture of the actual car).
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG (42.23 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Wooops, looks like i got a bit too enthusiastic driving the wife's Mini!
It was making some really good boost and i wouldn't be surprised if the exhaust was getting really hot as the supercharger was whining it's little ass off!
ImageFlexi in exhaust manifold kinda sheared off after some exuberant driving!!!!!!! Sounded pretty loud when that happened haha by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Thankfully an easy ish fix, i just got a new flexi section and welded it back on. So now commuting in the Mini to work and it pops crackles and spits flames through the exhaust especially when its hot :)
Made someone at my work jump in the carpark as it made a nice great big pop when driving down into the carpark hahahaha

Unfortunately the family car (blue Alfa) decided it didn't want it's clutch anymore!
Several failures clutch slip and then lost clutch pedal hydraulics and then found duall mass flywheel to be worn when all stripped down!
What do you do when you break something......... well fix it up and make it better of course.
So dual mass flywheel off and converting to solid mass flywheel
ImageBeer for finishing for the day. Getting new 6 speed box ready. Remove dual mass flywheel. Fit new clutch. New slave cylinder and gearbox seals. Pu bushes front GTA arb. Hard days work by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Then had to upgrade the clutch to fit with new flywheel, so fitted a v6 Alfa clutch

Then found loads of other bits to do, so replaced engine mounts, also PU bushed some of them. Uprated the arb bushes because it runs a larger than stock anti roll bar off a GTA model.
ImageBeer for finishing for the day. Getting new 6 speed box ready. Remove dual mass flywheel. Fit new clutch. New slave cylinder and gearbox seals. Pu bushes front GTA arb. Hard days work by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageBox is off and clutch and flywheel removed. Top mount stripped of old rubber bushes and fitted pu replacements by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageBox is off and clutch and flywheel removed. Top mount stripped of old rubber bushes and fitted pu replacements by Will Pattinson, on Flickr
Decided to pull off the old 5 speed and squeeze a 6 speed box out of a smaller engine 1.9 diesel Alfa 156. Should be a bit quicker and then more efficient on motorway in Top Gear.
Had to fit new hydraulics so new slave cylinder whilst we are at it.

Decided the suspension was sitting abit low for my liking, so decided whilst she off the road upgrade to coilover suspension to make sure it sits right when towing our trailer tent on holidays without grinding the arches!
ImageCoilovers for family wagon to help with towing and stop the soft suspension bottoming out whist trailer hitched. All in name of safety by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Also just because, i decided to remove all rubber brake hoses and replace with stainless braided items. Then cleaned up calipers, fitted new Carbon ceramic brake pads and got some lovely shiny new uprated discs to fit.

After all she is our family car, so try to keep them safe. This is going to be even more of a wolf in sheeps clothing now and looking forward to feeling how extra agile the car is.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Haha. That's brilliant
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Y'all need to ease up!

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jackalope wrote:1/6 Tiger? Really big toy! ;) Hell my daily driver is a 500hp bright orange toy!
:D :D Beg to differ, sir, but that's a Colossal engineering model, and your daily driver is, well :shh: :shh:... a giant Freudian symbol :haha: Must be fun though! I once travelled on an Amtrak train from Boston to New York, and while the carriage was comfy, and had bags of room (maybe Amtrak anticipated the enormously increased waistlines, and butts, of recent years :) I was astonished at how slow it went.
Fun for a driver, I imagine, would be a Japanese loco, and the drogue parachutes they need to come to a halt. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
jackalope wrote:1/6 Tiger? Really big toy! ;) Hell my daily driver is a 500hp bright orange toy!
:D :D Beg to differ, sir, but that's a Colossal engineering model, and your daily driver is, well :shh: :shh:... a giant Freudian symbol :haha: Must be fun though! I once travelled on an Amtrak train from Boston to New York, and while the carriage was comfy, and had bags of room (maybe Amtrak anticipated the enormously increased waistlines, and butts, of recent years :) I was astonished at how slow it went.
Fun for a driver, I imagine, would be a Japanese loco, and the drogue parachutes they need to come to a halt. :lolno:

No No, you misunderstood me.... my personal car is 500hp and bright orange! The locomotives I run are 4000-5000hp and are mostly black.....and dirt..... lots of dirt!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:O :O Some sort of Trans- Am muscle car?? Wow, that's half the power of a Merlin, almost.
I'm guessing that it must be about as economical as a Tiger 1, then? :P
:D :D I wonder what the equivalent would be in KW when we're all forced to go electric... :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”