Newbe to this forum

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
madbadger
Private

Re: Newbe to this forum

Post by madbadger »

thats a great paint job, that's what i was trying to achieve but like i said the spray gun was rubbish, i couldn't get a fine line of paint out of it. I was looking round for someone to paint it for me, i would have gladly paid for it to be done. After i painted it, i looked at the Bovington King Tiger, and mine is along the same lines. If i had made it to Bovi 08 i would have taken some photos and tried to copy it. I just need to make some stencils now for some numbers, or buy some decals but they are expensive!!! I will post some photos tomorrow.......

off to bed now...work in the morn

night eveyone

Kev
Dmon1996
Lance Corporal

Post by Dmon1996 »

Hey, Madbadger,

Yep, I'd love to see some pics. I'm currently rebuilding my dual clutch Sherman with HL electronics (going Rx18 and IR battle), and when I am done that I've got a static motorized King Tiger new in the box (well, it's actually the dufflebag version, so in the box in the bag) to work on. Needless to say, I'm not suffering this winter! But I'd love to see pics of both your Tamiyas- can always use ideas.
D'mon1996
Tamiya 1st gen Sherman, Tamiya King Tiger (in box), HL Pershing (metallized & weathered), HL Tiger I (in progress, plastic), HL Panzer IV (metal gears & arms, plastic track), HL Panther (donor tank, to be radically modified)
Sanity optional....
madbadger
Private

Post by madbadger »

hiya i will sort some photos tonight, i only have the tamiya king tiger, my tiger1 is a heng long but its heavily modded.......metal tracks, suspension arms, strenghtning bars, metal gears, upgraded RX14 board with heat sinks and fan, air gun sprayed Tiki version of the Tiger 1....lovely model (now i have sorted out the dodgy electronics)
modified track adjusters, barrel correction.

Tam king tiger, Impact Gearbox, tamiya RS380 motors, re-wired Heng Long Rx14 board, home made gun elevator (using heng long parts) modified speaker and radio aerial (inside on both tanks) will get some metal tracks once i save up enough.

if you want any info on what i made/modified please just ask, will help you all i can...

cheers

Kev
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hey, so the king tiger you got without electrics, and you put in HL ??? good job! ;D
madbadger
Private

Post by madbadger »

no it actually had the tamiya gear inside it, twin clutch system and the old style RC controller, it was uncontrollable, i couldn't afford the latest tamiya electronics, but i had a spare set of Heng Long electronics so i fitted them, and it works pretty well to. So i have a spare twin clutch setup if anyone needs one along with the servos etc, i also have a ESC which i used on the KT instead of the old Tamiya speed controller (that was worn out i think) the ESC is brand new, its only run the tank for around 10mins but interfered with the turret operation, when trying to use the turret the tank would jump back and forth, don't ask me why, i don't know, i just went down the heng long trail. I must admit the Impact gearboxes are excellent and very well built, expensive at £100 a set, but the set i got is the correct scale speed of the KT, loads of torque, i may even fit bigger motors, but she seems to work fine as it is....

Kev

Return to “Introduce Yourself”