Newbie requires radio advice...??

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
moatmeister
Recruit

Newbie requires radio advice...??

Post by moatmeister »

Hi

Very new to all this so basic advice required please.

Have had a Tamiya full option tiger kit for a couple of years 'in stock', intend to start it this christmas. Need to get the RC gear. the Acoms  or technoplus or Futaba 4 ch seems to have been the past standard, but I would prefer to use the newer 2.4ghz sectrum systems if possible.

I have read on the www  that these can be used successfully with all functions except the tamiya sound system. which is an option I would like to use. Is this correct and if so has anyone got any further advice on a solution, or should I stick with the tried and tested radios?

tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Newbie requires radio advice...??

Post by tiger205 »

hi moatmeister and welcome to the mad house,

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hey moatmeister, and welcome to our forums, and hope you enjoy your time here ;D

normally you would post questions in the dedicated area, but scene as you've written it out ill try and answer here as best i can.

with a tamiya kit as you know you'll need your receiver, personally i bought the most recommended (recommended by tamiya as its the one in there manuals!) the futaba attack 4, this is a 4 way radio and works a treat, also its not too expensive. i havent answered you question though, so ifi were you i would go with what it allready known, i dont have any experience with the 2.4 ghz ones, so i think you will probably have to post in the general category to find this out !!! ;D :D

cheers,

matt
Last edited by tiger205 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi There welcome to the forum .It is possible to use the spektrum radios as long as you only need to use 4 channels the other channels on spektrum use on off type switch so they are  not very good for servos they can be used to switch lights on/off but thats about it .The spektrum DX5I is about the cheapest out there this will give you the 4 channels to operate the tank and the extra channel you could use for lights .These cost about £55-£60 for complete radio and reciever.
I have one of these and also the DX6I which if you intend to have more than one tank these have a ten model memmory the DX5 only has one model so its tied to one tank /boat  ect but the DX6I you just need to buy more recievers.THese are about £100 so it all depends on your budget.

regards pete
Mezzerik
Lance Corporal

Post by Mezzerik »

Can't say I know a thing about that. But anyway, welcome to land which sanity forgot!
Your Pershing will stand no chance against my tank.

After a long time away...I have returned.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”