Incoming! Geordie Tankie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
BeeKay
Lance Corporal

Incoming! Geordie Tankie

Post by BeeKay »

Hi Guys - again. I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago and posted an intro. but it appears to have gone awol since the site has been down. I have a HL Tiger 1 with piccies due to be uploaded this week. The usual corrections have been done and a new paint job in winter cam. I have been modelling for many years and am a founder member of the Washington Model Club with Oz. We now have quite a few RC 1/16 tanks between us in the club - HL Tiger 1 x 5, WSN Tiger 1 x 3, WSN T34 x 1, HL Pershing x 1, HL Panzer III x 1, Tamiya Leopard full option x 1 & Tamiya Jagdpanther - hope I haven't missed any. Hopefuly the next chance to get a few of them together will be the Scot. Nats. in Perth, Scotland, April 2009. Met up with young Alex, another Tyneside newbee, last week at our club in Washington and hopefully we can help him out with some hiccups on his Tiger 1 & Panzer III and looking forward to watching his Tamiya Pershing develop in the new year.
"We should not stop playing because we grow old....we grow old beacuse we stop playing"
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Incoming! Geordie Tankie

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi ,welcome aboard ,nice list of tanks there
all the best,ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
oz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by oz »

DUDE!! welcome. ;D ;D ;D
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

hi BeeKay welcome back, glad you rejoined

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

welcome back Beekay apoligies for the inconvinience :-[ ;) ;D ;D
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Welcome!
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Hi BeeKay

Welcome (again) to the forum. Another fellow Geordie swelling the ranks. Excellent.

I think I expressed surpise the last time you posted that there was a modelling club in Washington. That's really great. Can you give me some details?
Alex PM'd me just before the forum went down so I didn't get to reply to him. I'm glad he found you though.
I certainly fancy popping round to your Washington club.

Best Regards
Chris
oz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by oz »

if you come down grompix there will be free tea or coffee we,ll even break out the chocolate biscuits for you. :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeKay
Lance Corporal

Post by BeeKay »

Hi Grompix, as Oz said you will be most welcome - we have a good mix of subjects apart from RC. You can find us at the Washington Arts Centre, Biddick Lane, Fatfield. Google postcode NE38 8AB and you should get directions from the A1(M), off at Washington Services and follow the A195 over the first big roundabout and you should see signs for the Arts Centre at the next. Hang a right and you will pass a school on the right and come to a mini roundie. Left here and first right into the centre carpark. Every Thursday from 6pm til 9pm. Hope to see you down some night.

Cheers - Brian
"We should not stop playing because we grow old....we grow old beacuse we stop playing"
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Beekay welcome there seems to be quite a few tankers around Newcastle must be good for a meeting and a battle .

regards pete

Return to “Introduce Yourself”