New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
KH3DP
Recruit

Post by KH3DP »

Good evening,

I've been in and out of RC Tanks for a while, having previously owned the Tamiya Gepard and Leopard 2A6 as well as older versions of the Heng Long Abrams, Challenger 2, and Leopard 2A6. Recently I've been working with 3D Printing and Arduino, learning to replicate RC Tank and RC Semi Truck components and functions from scratch. When I came across the preview video for the upcoming Heng Long Merkava, I decided to get back into the pre-made variety and learn about some of the available 3rd party cosmetic and function upgrades as well.

Currently, I have a Heng Long 7.0 Challenger 2 with 360 rotation and most of the metal upgrades. I also have a Diecast Masters RC Freightliner Cascadia, which is disassembled across two worktables.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: New Member

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! We’re getting a pretty good amount of Americans on this forum.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome: You can fit in very well here on RCTW: you are experienced, set with 3D printer, have experience with electronics, and roasting in Texas. :P Holy Schlamoli! "...preview video for the upcoming Heng Long Merkava"? I haven't hear of this. Do you have a URL?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ahh Texas................Welcome along from the Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand.
I've been to Tx several times, for work(drilling) and could relocate there in half a heartbeat !
I got stuck on the Houston belt (the middle one I think) in peak hour, in summer, in a convertible Shelby Mustang, with the top down, rented from Hertz, that ??............ I never forgot :{
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
KH3DP
Recruit

Post by KH3DP »

Jimster, Herr Dr. Professor, Herman Bix, and BarryC, thank you all for the welcome.

Herr Dr. Professor, this is the video I was referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcphJDoRIqQ. It's from Toucan Hobby, not Heng Long directly.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Welcome from Austin. Well outside of Austin so don't lump me in with "those people"... :) Been waiting for the HL Merkava for a while now. I won't take a chance on the Hooben version after the issues people have had with it. If you are interested in finding like minded tankers you could check out Texas Armor Association since we meet close to Houston: https://www.texasarmor.com/ We also have a presence on Facebook, but since I'm at work I can't link the FB group. FB page has the updated meeting dates. Not sure why they stopped updating the website.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
KH3DP
Recruit

Post by KH3DP »

tankme, thank you for the welcome and the information. I'll have to try to make it to an event.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Good morning, and welcome to the forum from the sunny and warm West Coast of Scotland. Everyone on here is very friendly and helpful.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

KH3DP wrote:tankme, thank you for the welcome and the information. I'll have to try to make it to an event.
Even if you don't have a tank to battle with, most of us bring extras so there is always a loaner around. I can't make the Sunday battle days as I work Sundays, but I'm usually there on the Saturday battles.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”