Hello fellow tankers!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Nitewyn
Recruit

Hello fellow tankers!

Post by Nitewyn »

Hello everyone, it's nice to be here. I'm a relative novice to the field of RC tankery, however I have many years of experience in other radio controlled hobbies.
I took the first step of my new hobby journey a few week ago when I purchased a HL Sherman---the basic one with plastic everything. I have been having a great time fiddling with it and upgrading things.
So far I've moved the bow gun LED up to the coax position, modified the turret gear and added a slip ring for 360 degree rotation, and stuffed a much larger battery inside.
I also picked up a HL T-34 Pro edition from my LHS and that tank is currently disassembled while I paint the running gear.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and enjoying some tiny tankery.

Cheers!
Nitewyn
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hello fellow tankers!

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Welcome to the Forum! Two tanks already? Both in upgrade status? "One of Us...One of Us" You'll fit right in. Pics of your work when you get the chance. We love to chat and kick the virtual road wheels around here.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You appear to be part of this Forums bedrock already and we would like as much input from you as possible please,
Join in the threads and ENJOY :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Two tanks?
Tsk...

Welcome to the forum. Welcome to... bankruptcy? ;-)
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Rob1970 wrote:Two tanks?
Tsk...

Welcome to the forum. Welcome to... bankruptcy? ;-)
Yes, I can confirm :{

Welcome to the forum, you should easily gain the knowledge you seek.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Bankruptcy.......I cant even afford to put a smart meme up......................saving for tracks from Forgebear :/ :wtf: :shifty:

Welcome along from the Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand mate.
Lets see the T34 when you can :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Alright! Now that's a good start. Just as all the others, I am eager to see pictures and learn from you. On rare occasions I am even able to answer questions.

From what part of the world are you? You don't have to give away any secrets, just, say, maybe the country, Tanzania, UK, Burkina Faso, Canada... It helps because getting aftermarket parts and supplies is easier and shipping is less expensive in some places (e.g. Germany and the UK) than others (e.g. the US)

Two tanks so far? Bwahaha! Bankruptcy, no, but underwear is highly overrated:viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30720
Nitewyn
Recruit

Post by Nitewyn »

Picture of the fleet are up in the "Show Off" forum

[edit] And apparently I derped when I tried to post an update earlier today saying that I'm near Seattle, Washington and it didn't post.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”