Howdy, fellow tankers

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
PanzerEngineer
Recruit

Howdy, fellow tankers

Post by PanzerEngineer »

Hello there, I’m new to this forum and to rc tanking. I joined the forum to have a place where people have the same interests as me and where I can ask questions and talk about tanks. I’m mostly into WW2 armour and especially the British and German armour of the time. I own a heng long tiger 1, a almost rc Kettenkrad and I’m looking into building The Sd.Kfz 234/3 and the Churchill Mk.7. Have a good day!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Howdy, fellow tankers

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from Southern Illinois. The Tiger is my favorite tank.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
The most popular 1/16 rc Tank is almost certainly the Tiger 1 and with more upgrades available than for any other it is very good value for Money,
The latest Heng Long Tanks are indescribably better than the earlier models but Tamiya still have the edge and inbetween comes Taigen/Torro,
You pays your money and you takes your choice :haha:
Where in the World are you, not nosy, it helps in directing you to the nearest dealers and clubs :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PanzerEngineer
Recruit

Post by PanzerEngineer »

I live in the Netherlands in the province of Limburg. And yes, the tiger 1 is quite a nice rc tank with a hell of a lot of after market. I personally love my little cat.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Woo Hoo! Welcome! What's this about an "almost rc Kettenkrad"? Please tell us more. I have the Sd.Kfz 234/3 kit waiting as I develop more skills. And as to the Churchill Mk.7, see the introduction of another newcomer from Norway in this section. So welcome to the fun; bring on your questions so you can find out who is knowledgeable and who thinks he's know.... Well, then there's me. :S
PanzerEngineer
Recruit

Post by PanzerEngineer »

Well, I’ve bought myself a nice kettenkrad kit but I haven’t figured out what motor to use since it’s in 1/16 scale wich makes the kettenkrad about 16 cm. And also thank you for informing me of the chap that’s also into building the Churchill, I’ll be sure to check into any progress that he’ll make. Cheers mate
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32295

Churchill you say ??
I'd stick my neck out to say that its going to be a long time before this one gets topped.
Some fantastic tips in the thread.

Very warm welcome along Mr Engineer from the Gold Coast of Australia ,out of New Zealand.
Assume you are a Verstappen fan & good on you for that ;)
I'm a fan of the Prancing Horse F1 car brand, but a Verstappen driver fan too.
Perfect world for me..............Verstappen in a Ferrari :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"I’ve bought myself a nice Kettenkrad kit but I haven’t figured out what motor to use since it’s in 1/16 scale which makes the Kettenkrad about 16 cm...." Maybe you could get some ideas from Modler who is active here on RCTW. Modler builds 1/32 RC tanks and other vehicles using small motors and even smaller electronics. You can find his postings by searching "Modler" in the search box top right, or if you find one of his posts, you can see his others by clicking on his list name (i.e. "modler") where it occurs.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”