Tank fan

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
MartynTuff
Recruit

Tank fan

Post by MartynTuff »

Hi

My name is Martyn and I have been interested in modelling and tanks from an early age. I entered a few competitions in my teens and won a few awards. I'm new to RC tanks and thought it would be good to be able to talk to others with similar interest. In particular I'd like to find the best place to buy and what to buy.

Regards
Martyn
whitecitadel
Private

Re: Tank fan

Post by whitecitadel »

Welcome from another new member.

As to what to buy - there is a lot of choice - what is your budget and interests?

As to where to buy, which country are you in?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Martyn Hi,
Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
To recommend somewhere with a good and straight dealer first we need to know where in the world you are?
Like Covid we are all over the World so we can be as helpful as you need us to be without being intrusive and no masks are needed while talking to us :haha:
Checkout the Menu and read through a few pages and you will get a feel for the more popular tanks and the ease with which they can be made to work.
MOST important do not rush into buying the first 1/16 rc tank that you see And do NOT buy anything from "Tankzone" or "Nitrotek" they are not recommended dealers :thumbup:
If you are not a recent lottery winner you might like to ensure that your bank manager and your partner have a strong sense of humour :thumbup:
Ask lots of questions and if we know the answers you will be given them but do not be surprised if different members give different answers :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

You certainly are welcome here, Martyn. WhiteCitadel and Jarndice have put the pertinent question just right. What country are you in? Just for example, Germany is loaded with great vendors of 1/16 AFVs; UK has some real fine sellers; here in the North America we are more limited--though we have some good sources and for the rest, we pay dearly for shipping.

Then, too, if you can give us some indication of the price range you can afford, we can help you. In fact, we can help you with a fine range of excuses for overspending, useful for bamboozling loved ones. :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”