New to the hobby

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Skid Kid
Recruit

New to the hobby

Post by Skid Kid »

Before
Before
Im Doug, I live in North Carolia, USA. I currently have only 2 RC Tanks, both are Henglong 1:16, Panzer IV F2, and Tiger !. I love this hobby. I got my first tank for christmas from my 2 sons. I served 30 years in the US Marine Corps and now retired. I may ask alot of questions but I know that is what this place is for, I will help others where I can.
Attachments
After
After
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New to the hobby

Post by BarryC »

Hi Doug,

Welcome to the finest RC Tank web site.... IMO anyway! :clap: Ask away there are many knowledgeable, helpful folks here.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Woo Hoo! Good start, Doug! I always enjoy it when someone new to the hobby jumps in with photos and questions. And hats off to your sons for such a great gift for dad!

One of my favorites, the Panzer IV was the backbone of the Wehrmacht. The Dunkelgrau (Dark Gray, or Panzer Gray) one looks to be a HengLong with a metal upgrade, at least for the drive sprockets and idlers. I have never see the paint job on the second Panzer IV. Did you repaint it? Do you have pictures of your Tiger?

If you are interested, there are lots of books on the Panzer IV and the Tiger. Just ask: as a retard--unh, retired---professor, I have more books than brains.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Welcome and feel free to ask questions. A skim of the topics or a search should net you the answers you desire. A great group of people are here from novice to expert. Great kits to start with.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from Southern Illinois! My only tanks are a Tiger 1 and and a recently bought Panzer III. It’s so addictive!!! Hell, it’s got me into boats, submarines and most recently airplanes. The addiction is real.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome from the west coast, of Scotland. The Panzer IV look brilliant. To old for me though, more in to my modern tanks, but do have a couple of Tingers that need some work.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Doug Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I have a mild interest in the Panzer 4 as do some other members and between us we should be able to help if you ever need it, as to the Tiger 1 it is the goto Tank in our (Your ) hobby with a wealth of upgrades available the only limit being your pocketbook :lolno:
I hope you feel welcome because we try to be friendly, Well at least until you get your feet under the table and then the sharks start to circle :haha: :haha:
Ask lots of questions and in the words of another highly valued member of this place It is only a toy.
Nothing to keep you awake nights.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”