Hello, i am a newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello, i am a newbie

Post by tankme »

Welcome. I used to live in Faribault, MN and then moved to Grand Marais before moving to Texas. My ex-wife is from just outside New Ulm, MN.

As far as the dual control goes it could be done in a couple of different ways. Both ways would require two transmitters. You could use a single RX and bind two transmitters to it. Then you could have two people running functions of the tank and it would still allow one user to run all the functions. The other way would be two transmitters and two receivers, but then I think that would require two users to access all the functions.

Not really hard to do with 2.4Ghz spread spectrum systems. I'm not sure if a Heng Long system allows multiple transmitters to bind to one tank, but aftermarket systems would have no issues with it.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"I would like to put some cameras in the tank and split up the functions so that there is a whole crew that r/cs the tanks." That is a nifty idea! Go for it---and do keep us informed. I also followed a rather recent and certainly interesting build here on RCTW in which a camera was placed inside the tank to give a crew member's inside perspective. Now if I could only remember the key word(s) to search... Can anybody help the absent-minded Prof.?
joseph.g.briggs
Recruit

Post by joseph.g.briggs »

tankme wrote:Welcome. I used to live in Faribault, MN and then moved to Grand Marais before moving to Texas. My ex-wife is from just outside New Ulm, MN.
Sleepy Eye? Klossner? Courtland? ;) I grew up in New Ulm and now live in St Paul. Small world!

I love Grand Marais. The North Shore is such a nice area.

Thanks for the pointers!
(Stephen Baldwin) "We're going home, sir."
(George Dzundza) "Yeah. In the tank."
(Donald Patrick Harvey) "Why can't we go home in the #### helicopter?"
(George Dzundza) "Because you're tankers."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”