New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
BWP
Recruit

Post by BWP »

Hi, my name is Brian,I retired almost three years ago & have been getting back into modelling (loved it since a child). Have built & modified a 1/32 Tamiya Toyota truck with my son whom shares the same modelling interest! We’re also currently building a 1m long fast RC twin engine fully operational Patrol Boat, making the bulk of the fittings and deck room scratch using wood, plastic & metal although the fibreglass hull was ready made.
My son Mathew has a particular interest in tanks & after getting our 1:16 M1A2 Abram (purchased 2019) to fire BBs again (hopefully with your help please) we’ll be looking towards building a Churchill MK1V Crocodile tank which, should be fun.
We both lack experience on forums so welcome any guidance offered.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New member

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Brian :clap:

There are several of us here who are/have used the HL M1A2 as a basic beginning for a upgrade model.

I can not speak to the HL electronics nor the BB function because I eliminated them from my build. I am sure someone here will willing help you work to resolving your problem.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Brian :wave:

I'm sure I also speak for others in saying that we'd love to witness your progress with your future Churchill build :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

Welcome Brian. Looking forward to the build.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Brian, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
A Crocodile? I am not sure that ABS and Petrol are the safest combination :haha: :haha:
I hope you enjoy this place and please are lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, Brian, from one overseas. I see that you are well on your way to solving the problem with the Abrams BB launcher. Bravo for your diving in to open the turret and diagnose the problem. You got some good advice there, too: good quality BBs and a new firing unit from Forgebear.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

A very late welcome Brian!

Glad to have you with us. There is so much info here that it will make your head spin! Pretty sure nearly everything has been done by someone on here, and if not it's in the planning stage! :haha: Simply amazed by the amount of talent on this Forum. Have fun!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I loved it as a child too..................and I continue to enjoy it like a child !! :)
Welcome along Mr BWP, pictures when you can
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”