New to the Fourm

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
landrover1
Recruit

New to the Fourm

Post by landrover1 »

Hello Ranger Graham here from. I'm doing some research on the SAS jeeps. I belong to a military jeep club here in Phoenix AZ. I have a 1944 Ford GPW that just needs to much to be restored but can be built into a SAS jeep easier. I have many jeeps a 42 MB, 44 MB and a 42 GPW. So my question is did any of the Jeeps in WWII get the pink paint?? Does anyone have those pictures?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New to the Fourm

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

In a word, no. The pink paint wasn't used on the SAS jeeps in north Africa during WWII. It was used post war on the SAS Landrovers, hence the name "Pink Panthers"

As for pictures, try Google, just type in "SAS Jeep," and you will have possibly every picture there is at your fingertips. Besides, you'd be very lucky to find an original colour picture anyway.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello and welcome from as-of-today no-longer-frigid Wisconsin. I think you are a first--the first who introduced himself as the the owner of the real thing. (Unless, of course, you also have RC Jeeps and AFVs.) And your question is quite interesting. Yet I am not surprised that you got a quick answer, as there are so many here with knowledge of historic and contemporary AFVs and soft-sided.

You have "a 42 MB, 44 MB and a 42 GPW": I am jealous. ;D Are you a member of the MVPA or the like?

I would guess that photos of your real jeeps would be appreciated, maybe in this introductory thread or in "General Discussion" ( viewforum.php?f=1 ) which section includes Major Discussion and even a Colonel of Truth. :sick:

Now, how can we hook you on little RC AFVs, too. >:<
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello LR1,

You've got the big ones, now you need a few small ones!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”