New member introduction

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Coling212133
Recruit

New member introduction

Post by Coling212133 »

Good morning to all.
I would like to introduce myself and apologise for not introducing myself when I first registered.
I am a 62 yr old who has always enjoyed modelling firstly getting into the Tamiya radio control cars in the late 70’s. As life trundles along unfortunately your hobbies take a back seat due to family commitments and finances. However now that I approach my later years I can retake up my hobby.
I have become hooked on the 1/16 th scale tanks and have so far purchased toro’s tiger, panzer iii,panzer IV, Sherman and a king tiger.
I will work out how to post some pictures soon.
It is a great hobby and totally addictive.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New member introduction

Post by BarryC »

Welcome sir! :clap:

Looks like you've got a good start. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Whereabouts in the World are you as we do have a worldwide membership.
I like the quality of Tamiya Models but the price makes me shy away from modifying them,
I have a particular affection for the PZ4 and I have over the years modified a number of them trying to reflect the changes in the outward appearance of each Ausf,
I cannot bear to think how much it would of cost if I had used Tamiyas Ausf J as a base instead of Heng Longs Ausf F1 and F2 (G) (With contributions from Taigen) And to compound my unhappiness the Early Tunisian Tiger 1 was dropped by Tamiya which just gives Aber a marketplace for their overpriced upgrades :thumbdown: ,
Ignore my rants and enjoy this place,
Feel free to ask and answer questions and do join in the threads that interest you.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hi Coling212133,

Very nice collection you have there! Have fun here, and I hope you enjoy this place as much as I have!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"I am a 62 yr old" Uh-oh, now the average age on RCTW is going down again. :haha:

"...so far purchased Toro’s Tiger, Panzer iii, Ppanzer IV, Sherman and a King Tiger." That is a fantastic start! I prefer the Torro/Taigen RC tanks because they give me decent running and satisfactory sound right out of the box. Of course, the wizards here on RCTW can do better, but for a start those you chose are hard to beat. If you want to see how :crazy: I am about Torro/Taigen tanks, see: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30720 and scroll down through the pictures.
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coling212133
Recruit

Post by Coling212133 »

Thank you all for your welcome nice collections you have

Return to “Introduce Yourself”