Greetings...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
D_Idaho
Recruit

Greetings...

Post by D_Idaho »

Greetings all!

Posting the obligatory introduction post as specified. Retired guy, former military, was on an early M1A1 in the late 90s for a spell. Miss the whine of that turbine and boom of that M-256. I don't miss changing track... I just picked up a HL M1A2 and have been lurking the forums for info so I figured I'd join.

Cheers!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Greetings...

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from Southern Illinois!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Will you be doing much in the way of modelling with your M1A2?

Glad you made the choice to finally join us.
Enjoy the forum :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
D_Idaho
Recruit

Post by D_Idaho »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Will you be doing much in the way of modelling with your M1A2?

Glad you made the choice to finally join us.
Enjoy the forum :thumbup:
I figured I'd play around for a bit and enjoy the stock experience. I've been through a good deal of the threads and observed some of the incredible work that some have done to their tanks... I'm sure at some point point I'll begin focusing on a bit of realism.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yeah, got to have a play first :D

Yes, there are a couple of extreme modelling marvels on this site :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome sir!

Another Abrams build, good to have someone who has that 1st hand knowledge. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Welcome from Texas. Well don't look at Barry's Abrams build or you will just get discouraged... :) I'm kidding of course. There are a bunch of us on here doing Abrams builds in various stages of development. I swear mine will never get finished.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

When you look at Mr Barry C's build, try to keep in mind that he has massive eyes that are often depicted on Alien Beings as a main feature thus allowing him to work in such delicate detail!!...............plus, as he is an actual extraterrestrial, he is in a different time zone which enables him to carry out the Abrams project in perpetuity..............

Thats a tough gig for us 'normal' folks to aspire to :haha: :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
D_Idaho
Recruit

Post by D_Idaho »

You are not kidding… I figure if I run it hard enough it’ll get some pretty decent weathering on its own. :D
As it stands I’ve already gutted the beast in anticipation of some Red motors coming in next week. Also painted the metal tracks and coated the pads using the plasti dip mod that I read about on this site. I have the plastic road wheels so I coated the “rubber” surfaces of those as well. I figure if it chips off in spots it just adds to the realism. Road wheels and pads chunk and fall off all the time. I also ditched the little smoke generator… Seemed odd to have a screaming 1500HP turbine with little puffs of smoke wafting out the tail end. :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello D_I,

As Herman has noted, many of the member's here possess modeling skills that seem impossible for mere mortals! I'm convinced many here are "not of this Earth" as they give themselves away by making this all seem so "easy"!

A while back I encountered a WW2 vet who was a Sherman tanker in Italy. We had a bit of a chat, and he too said the worst part of tanking was changing tracks. He referred to it as "H and H". Puzzled I had to ask, and he responded, "you know, hernias and hemorrhoids"! :haha: I roared with laughter, but his Wife was less than pleased! :D

At any rate, glad to have you with us. Oh, and by the way, I've been through the "chimney" of Idaho too many times to count. For an Interstate I90 sure offers some lovely views of Northern Idaho!

Cheers,
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”