Hello everyone!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
UKMBT3009
Recruit

Hello everyone!!

Post by UKMBT3009 »

G'day!

I'm a mature university student, military buff, and a total tank nut since I had my Viper tank for my Action Man when I was a kid, many years ago :haha:

I'm a total newbie to the world of RC tanks. In fact, less than two weeks!! My interest was piqued completely by accident while surfing YouTube; came across some videos, gave it a little thought, and consequently bought myself a 1/16 Heng Long Version 7 Tiger 1 - absolutely love it! Already looking at upgrading and adding authentic touches, so looking forward to researching and reading the forums.

May the good times roll (on caterpillar tracks...) ;)
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Re: Hello everyone!!

Post by stu_the_flat »

Hello and welcome. Enjoy your first tank. I'm sure it will be the first of many! :)
Lenny Warren
Private

Post by Lenny Warren »

Welcome, I'm pretty new here too. I'm more a fan of military history and collectiong militaria than Rc tanks as such, but hey.... tanks. 8)

Cannae beat a Tiger, love 'em. You'll find the members here very knowledgeable and helpful.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Afternoon, 009! It looks like you've got the fast-acting version of the infamous model tank bug :haha:
I went to University as an immature student (18), in the days when we wrote with quills. Somehow, I've managed to remain semi- immature ever since. :lolno: Anyway, new members are almost invariably invited to post pics of their steeds, and recent acquisitions (except colds and 'flu) at their earliest convenience, as we're very photo-friendly here. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello UKMBT3009,

Glad to have you here with us! Enjoy your Tiger 1, so many items available to spruce it up to your own preference. Do ask any questions that you have. So much experience and talent here, the guys are super helpful too!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

As you already have surmised; the Tiger I is likely the most popular RC tank, so you’re off to an excellent start. Ask questions as you gain experience. I might even be able to answer one or two. Of course, as a retard—unh—retired refessor, I am practiced at answering questions concerning matters about which I know little. Mature students figure that out fast because they know that Ph.D means Piled high and Deep. (And if you read around a bit in this introduction section of RCTW, you will learn that I am the only sane one on RCTW.)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”