Newbie from Scotland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Lenny Warren
Private

Newbie from Scotland

Post by Lenny Warren »

Hello, newbie here...

I've been talking about building a Tamiya 1/16 Tiger for years, hopefully I'm about to start soon. ;)
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Re: Newbie from Scotland

Post by stu_the_flat »

Hello and welcome neighbour! :)

Tiger 1 is the classic first tank. Enjoy the build and let us know if you have any questions.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Lenny,

Tiger 1's are very popular, regardless of the maker. Do ask any questions, there's bound to be answers. I don't think there's anything that these guys haven't seen or done! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Greetings from the Highlands, Lenny. :wave: Have you bought the Tiger yet, or, just acknowledged to yourself that the urge to get one is now beyond control? :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

And once you've finished your tiger... You will release that it needs an opponent... And then this time next year you will be telling us all about your fifth build! :P
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Lenny Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
There are more upgrades for the Tiger1 than any other armour in 1/16 r/c so the only restriction is MONEY :haha: :haha: :haha:
Enjoy the Forum and do reply to any thread that catches your eye because if we don't talk to each other there is no Forum !!!
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from Illinois. The Tiger 1 is not only the best tank in the whole world but it’s my only tank and I’ve been slowly detailing and upgrading it for years. Indeed it’s a deep rabbit hole.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome from the land of chilly shaking hands under snorkel-hooded parkas surplus USAF parkas. When you get going on the Tiger I (even when you first buy/bought it) let us know. And we love pictures, too.
Lenny Warren
Private

Post by Lenny Warren »

Thanks for the warm welcome, glad to see the forum busy. I've ran and admin'ed forums for over 20 years (militaria collecting) and sadly they seem on the decline, youngsters seem to prefer Facebook etc. :(

I've talked about a Tamiya kit for years, but finally getting round to buying one for my 55th Birthday in Feb. self treating.:)

I'm sure I'll have LOADS of questions.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Lenny Warren wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome, glad to see the forum busy. I've ran and admin'ed forums for over 20 years (militaria collecting) and sadly they seem on the decline, youngsters seem to prefer Facebook etc
Welcome to the forum. I think the decline in militaria collecting is due to the abundance of replicas. It takes an expert to notice the differences. My father was a collector of WW2 uniforms, caps and other regalia. He was purchasing left and right, many from firms advertising authenticated items from veterans, widows, etc. When my father passed away, we decided to sell his collection. I sent the stuff to a specialized firm dealing with medals and uniforms. It was shocked when 95% of it was sent back to me as "fake". Although they looked really old and worn, most of the uniforms were old war movie props worth nothing to the expert. So, instead of trying to resell the stuff as if i did not know, we mostly give it away. Sadly, that was my father's experience with militaria collecting... Something we should stay away from if we are no expert. Too much fraud out there.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”