New Aussie member but old tanker

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
DeathWarmedUp
Recruit

New Aussie member but old tanker

Post by DeathWarmedUp »

Hi all,

Ok, I have been into RC 'toys' forever but mainly Planes. However, I do have a nice collection of Heng Long tanks ranging from my original Tiger 1 to my two newer toys, Abrams and now a Panther G (7.0) is on its way to me.

My fleet:
HL Tiger 1 - originally 2.7mhz and got it about 10 years ago. Has been upgraded multiple times over the years. Now sporting a TK 7.0 as well as the new Barrel Smoke/flash unit I purchased from OzAmour here in Australia (Mark is great to deal with btw). It also has the new engine smoker unit plus other bits and pieces. I have done a tiny bit of detailing mainly just battle damage but not a patch on what you guys have done.

HL Panzer III - originally 2.7mhz now upgraded to TK 7.0

Matorro King Tiger - upgraded to TK 6.0 plus all electrics replaced.

WSN T34 Winter Scheme - upgraded to TK7.0 plus most electrics replaced.

HL Sherman - currently 5.3 but getting a TK 7.0 soon

HL Abrams - TK 6.0

HL Panther - TK 7.0 - in the post to me at the moment and cannot wait for it to arrive.

Others
Willy's jeep - just a cheapie JJRC from BG but its runs and looks cool on the shelf - bit big at 1/10 scale to sit next to the tanks but still looks nice.

Anyway, I wish to thank you all for your inspiration and just fantastic builds/detailing. I hope to do more work on my Tanks over the coming years.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: New Aussie member but old tanker

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
The JJRC Jeep is a very nice 1/10 r/c model,I thought it was very good value for money and after sorting out the stupid red front and white rear lights and dropping the suspension it does look really good after doing a little painting on the seats and internal fittings.
I like that you have brought the electrics on your Tanks upto date :thumbup:
Do ask lots of questions and please get involved in any of the threads that catch your attention.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
DeathWarmedUp
Recruit

Post by DeathWarmedUp »

Thanks mate. Yeah the JJRC Jeep is nice. I must have got lucky as my lights were right out of the box. You must have got one built on friday afternoon :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from Illinois! Outstanding intro and impressive stable of armor.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello DWU,

I've always been partial to "death microwaved" but pardon me as I tend to digress...lots! :/ Very nice collection you have there! Glad you've found us here! Enjoy yourself here and do post pics when you have a chance!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello to an Aussie. Even though I am in frozen Wisconsin, US, I used to frequent Hobby Havoc, but it seems to have gone quiet. Bix helped me by pointing over here. Your collection of AFVs means "fun-fun-fun 'til somebody takes the credit card away." (With no apologies to the Beached Boys.)
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Welcome Death - where in Oz are you from?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”