New from California

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Tiger 323
Private

New from California

Post by Tiger 323 »

Hello everyone, so not sure exactly how to introduce myself but here it goes. Back in 2007 I bought my 1st rc heng long tiger 1 and did some slight cosmetics to it and was in the process to make it a late or final production tiger with heavy combat time with all the shrouds removed. I was upgrading the plastic gear and motors with mato 3:1 steel gears and somehow dripped solder onto the circuit board I never got around to replace parts and it sat in storage for years. For Christmas I bought my older daughter a new heng long 7.0 tiger 1 and the girlfriend a 7.0 heng long king tiger both are the upgraded version with metal gears 360 turret rotation, metal tracks with idler and sprocket wheel. I believe upgraded speaker as well. I don’t have much weathering experience at all and know a little about the rc tank world. I’d like to weather and make them mostly historically accurate but most importantly functional for battle and driving through the occasional enemy strongpoint or cardboard buildings..I have had a little problem with the tiger not wanting to start up and posted about it in the heng long electrical section so any help is greatly appreciated!
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Re: New from California

Post by AGKPeiper »

You bought your girlfriend a toy tank? You sir are a brave man.
You're in the right place for help and advice, these folk are knowledgeable and
happy to help.
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

AGKPeiper wrote:You bought your girlfriend a toy tank? You sir are a brave man.
You're in the right place for help and advice, these folk are knowledgeable and
happy to help.
Hahaha brave perhaps maybe also a little stupid.
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Hi Tiger 323.

Welcome to this forum.

One question: After giving her a tank, is she still your girlfriend? If so, she’s a keeper!

Regards.

thestig
Aka Frank
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome. Which Tiger won't start up; the 2007 model with solder on the electronics or the New V7.0 one? That's not clear- or was it the King Tiger?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

thestig wrote:Hi Tiger 323.

Welcome to this forum.

One question: After giving her a tank, is she still your girlfriend? If so, she’s a keeper!

Regards.

thestig
Aka Frank
She sure is! hahaha
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome. Which Tiger won't start up; the 2007 model with solder on the electronics or the New V7.0 one? That's not clear- or was it the King Tiger?
Sorry about that, its the new 7.0 tiger 1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I assume the original Tiger 1 had an RX13 board which had all the connections soldered in place and understandably you were reluctant to tackle,
A few pennies on JST Plugs via E-Bay and an RX18 Board from the same source will fix the electrics,
Modding to Version 6.0 or 7.0 would require more surgery but the ability of the RX18 should not be downplayed and you would then have a servicable Tank.
Of course you could do a job of work on the exterior and make a Shelf Queen to admire while working the modern Tigers.
Enjoy this place and do ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome T323,

These guy's crack me up! You have to watch out for them! Glad to have you with us! I've bought several firearms for my Wife. They of course go into my gun safe. Dangerous? Probably, but I do get the most use out of them!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”