Hi all from Williamsburg Virginia

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
pdog1967
Recruit

Hi all from Williamsburg Virginia

Post by pdog1967 »

Hi all. Name's Patrick. I hail from the US living in the beautiful state of Virginia. The principal reason I'm here is that Santa Claus brought two new Heng Long tanks (M1A2 Abrams and a Leopard) to my twin boys for Christmas... To say that the boys were EXSTATIC with joy is truly an understatement.. and I must admit, I was truly impressed with these tanks!!! That was until a discrepancy was keenly noted by one of my twin boys... His tank (the M1A2 Abrams) was not shooting the Airsoft BB's. As everyone knows once Santa delivers the goods he "takes a few days off" (and rightly so!)... Unfortunately for good ol dad.. I'm left trying to keep my son's world from crumbling to dust. "This is the worst day of my LIFE!" he proclaimed - until I pointed out that he had just used that line earlier in the week when Chase (our dog) DECAPITATED "Bunny" (my son's favorite stuffed animal and favorite sleep partner). I know I'm rambling, but I just don't have the heart to tell him that there will be worse days to come - IF I let him survive this holiday season...

Being the good father that only I claim to be, I promptly "de-escalated" the situation by proclaiming a moratorium on BB shooting since only one of the aforementioned tanks was viable in this regard. Off to the world of the internet solutions I went... Over the course of several hours, I attempted multiple RC control solutions reported by others... I soft re-booted, hard-rebooted, gently then more forcefully pushed/pulled and rotated the turret all to no avail. I think the airsoft recoil action is BROKE. I posted my predicament in your forum (along with posting it in "Santa's forum") hoping that perhaps someone else had experienced a similar problem. I must say that I was impressed since the "elves" at Toucanhobby replied to me right away requesting video description of the problem. Hopefully, they will provide me with a solution... I just hope they don't want me to return it to "Santa" so he can fix it... I'd rather fix it myself anyhow...

On a side note... I have concluded that given the "Elves" reply to my query distinctly having extensive Chinese appearing characters in it, either Elvish and Chinese have the same origin, OR Santa has relocated his main workshop to mainland China... Perhaps one of you knows something about this???
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hi all from Williamsburg Virginia

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening, if I understand correctly, you post without going through the box "Introduce yourself" and just to have information following a problem, Christmas shopping? I'm sorry, but this forum is a forum of people sharing the same passion for RC tanks for years, and not an after-sales service of any brand, I advise you to contact your seller, this material being under warranty. :thumbup:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

8O my bad ? you presented yourself well, but does not change the fact that this forum is a place of sharing between enthusiasts. :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi what Jofaur was trying to say was if you introduce yourself using that part of the Forum and then go to the relevant part of the Forum to ask a question then all would be well,
You need to understand that every year at this time we get inundated with people whose Christmas present has failed so they come here for a quick fix then we never hear from them again,
We are more than a Forum with a worldwide membership we are a very friendly bunch who look after each other and we welcome new members with open arms but we are resentful of freeloaders looking for a quick fix.
Having said all that Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"[T]he "elves" at Toucanhobby replied to me right away requesting video description of the problem. [...] I'd rather fix it myself anyhow." I think you did exactly right by contacting Toucan Hobby. Unless you want to start another hobby yourself (like all of us nut cases here :crazy: ) getting into a fix of a HengLong tank can be more than a harried father needs in terms or time and perhaps even some cost. A return to Toucan Hobby might be the best choice--a choice not likely to please an impatient youngster, but perhaps to provide a learning experience.

Now if you do want to get into the hobby yourself, post back swearing to your addiction to RC tanks on a stack of Chinese instruction sheets :D and giving us some idea of your experience with radio control or modeling and showing us the video.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

if these tanks have the latest electronics (v7.0 or 7.1) I believe, though I've not tried to test the theory, that when the IR receiver 'apple' is in place in one of the hatches (for battling), it overrides the BB function as a safety feature. This was certainly the case with v6. series Heng Long electronics. In short, you can have the BB or IR feature in use at any time but not both. I could be wrong, but this might be the answer.

As for membership, the tradition here is that folk write something, albeit brief, about themselves by way of introduction in the section for introductions, and not questions. However, you have provided a bit of personal info- albeit in the wrong place. :D Hope you resolve the glitch soon. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

PD1967,

Hope you stick around, this is a great place for all your tanking needs! Bummer about your issue! Hope you get it resolved!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”