Electronic idiot

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Electronic idiot

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Dear All

Sorry I didn’t introduce myself, it didn’t let me!.
I’ve been building 1/16th tanks a while now, got fed up with 2ww stuff, and had a long break, got back into it with the amazing Haya Chieftain.
Loved it as it was the first Tamiya model my dad got me in 1/35th

Didn’t want to bombard you with pics.
Attachments
7B5481C8-F2E6-49BA-97D4-5CA7E31D0886.jpeg
6C379D43-3498-44BF-B65D-AB8A352C77EA.jpeg
0EBA5B33-A3F2-4BE4-911E-2A8BA42E4D6E.jpeg
A1DFE738-E08E-4ABF-BEF1-0616D5963877.jpeg
3F1399A7-89A4-475A-90EC-D5B656698258.jpeg
7C7C2D68-E7B2-4477-A195-28433CD3EC93.jpeg
104A6D4A-11FD-4286-8BD7-BFA7801E08DE.jpeg
3DFC5B3F-ED6A-43C0-B02F-31A787E42F8C.jpeg
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Electronic idiot

Post by maxmekker »

Looks :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Great paintwork buddy
Drammen Rock City
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I agree! Your painting skills are excellent. Nice looking armor.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yowza! Yowza! Yowza! :crazy: Now that's what I call a happy bombardment! :thumbup: If all your work is so excellent, pics are going to be a real treat! Welcome!

You mentioned that your father bought you a Tamiya 1/35 Chieftain. Now you certainly need not reveal anything you do not wish, but I do wonder how long ago that was and whether your father built models himself. I am guessing your are from the UK, as it seems less likely that a US dad would buy his son a British tank as a first model.

from the US northland
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Very nicely finished Chieftain :thumbup: I notice you have also added the Mk.5 upgrade kit and a few other bits. The work on the cannon barrel thermal jacket is excellent, Well done :clap:
(oh, and welcome to the forum!)
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Dear All

Thanks for your comments, too kind!, and my dad fought in the 2ww from Morocco, Tunis, Sicily, Italy, was in the last attack on monte cassino and one of the first a crossed the Salerno river, and was captured by German paratroopers in egg patrol, because his unit had no supply’s and he only had a pair of list slippers.
They had gone through Rome 4 weeks before Clark “liberated” it, there weren’t any Germans there, they were in front of the East Surreys.
When he was captured he was the only one left in his regiment that landed in Morocco, the rest were dead or wounded, and the German paratrooper didn’t shoot him because he was a fellow “airian” my dad was blond and blue eyed.
So he always talked to me about his war experience, he had me quite late in his fifty’s and I think it was his therapy.
So I guess I that’s where I got my interest.
My dad was musician and a mechanic after the war, so no model building, but he did like the odd garden gnome, he was colour blind, so the garden had some very scary garden gnomes.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Evidence there of long-term model addiction, I'd say. :thumbup:
The Chieftain is very nicely detailed and decked out- one to be proud of. :clap:
Was that a Mamod steam traction engine I espied on the shelf? Mamod products have been objects of desire for many kids, since the 1930s? I used to have a steam car. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"[Yourfather] did like the odd garden gnome, he was colour blind, so the garden had some very scary garden gnomes." What a hoot! :haha:

You are also fortunate that your father told you about his experiences. My father volunteered for the US Army Signal Corps., was further trained and attached to the Navy, and apparently landed with a small group of me on various islands in the South Pacific before the islands were "recaptured." All I know is that he enlisted in early '42 and came out in mid-'46 as a Master Sergeant. I got this from my mother, as my father never talked of his experience. By the time I was in my thirties, finally back home from working all around the U.S. getting my career started, my father had died. :(
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr Tankalot, I noticed you thought to preserve us from a "bombardment of pictures"................. :lolno:
Never think that, especially when you have such wonderful models to assault the senses !!
Hook in big style mate, no holding back now we know what you can do ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Mr. TaL,

I'll second everything all the other's have said! Great stable of tanks, love the Chieftains! Perfect amount of weathering too! Glad to have you with us! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”