Hello From Missouri!!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Crusader_HVSS
Recruit

Hello From Missouri!!!

Post by Crusader_HVSS »

Hello, I am a history enthusiast from Missouri, United States. I mostly deal with world war II and American Civil War history, and recently got into RC Tanking. I am currently working on a 1/16 scale Heng long M4A3 Build, and am excited to use this forum for advice/tips!

P.S. Merry Christmas!

Crusader_HVSS
Recruit

Re: Hello From Missouri!!!

Post by Crusader_HVSS »

Hey! If anyone has any cool ideas for my M4A3 Sherman's name, it would be much appreciated !
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Merry Christmas and greetings from a Cape Girardeau, MO native. I’m living in Illinois now :'(
Apparently we have similar interests, WW2 and American Civil War. Welcome aboard and enjoy our forum. Be sure to use the search engine for some good reading.
Years ago I had a patient who had flown B-25 Mitchells in WW2. He said their plane was named Biscuit. I thought it sounded like a cool name. Not to be confused with the British word biscuit which is more like a cookie to us Yanks.
I nicknamed my Tiger tank Ol’ Ugly. One of our fellow Missourians calls it Miss Leningrad.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr HVSS, you will find a dedicated crowd of fellow "Shermaholics" in here I can assure you !
Back in the day I built a Monogram 1/35th Sherman & had "Momma was a Chevy" hand painted on the turret if that helps ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Crusader_HVSS wrote:Hey! If anyone has any cool ideas for my M4A3 Sherman's name, it would be much appreciated !
Hello, maybe you will find what you are looking for here?
46EF6F5E-81CB-4499-8C20-C75EA8E7C278.jpeg
864AE642-A0C8-4E27-A0BA-D405F51D6BC2.jpeg
https://www.google.com/search?q=epoque+ ... =770&dpr=2
Crusader_HVSS
Recruit

Post by Crusader_HVSS »

:clap:
Jimster wrote:He said their plane was named Biscuit. I thought it sounded like a cool name. Not to be confused with the British word biscuit :clap: :clap: which is more like a cookie to us Yanks.
I nicknamed my Tiger tank Ol’ Ugly. One of our fellow Missourians calls it Miss Leningrad.
Thank you! I really like the name biscuit, so I think I'll take inspiration from it and call it "Cracker" or something!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello! As already noted, there are more than a few Sherman fiends here, although many seem to prefer that 17-pounder British job with the bustle. :P How are you for Sherman books? I have rather a few and can recommend some if you need. You might also check out the section "Reference Materials." Now as to "Cracker"... :problem: Well, unh, given US history... (I wonder if our UK pals and others around the globe caught that one.)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Ha ha ha. I was waiting for that. Such a shame we have such a woke society here in America. I still like Cracker.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

C_HVSS,

I'm the other guy from Missouri that Jimster was talking about! I'm a Wisconsin Native, moved to Seattle for 12 years, but have been in Jeff City for the past 13 years. Missouri Winters are way better to deal with and I love the heat and humidity of the Summer's! Yeah, I'm sick like that! :crazy: Hope you enjoy yourself here, the guys are great!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”