Introduction

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
PeteM
Recruit

Introduction

Post by PeteM »

Hello one and all,

New member based in Riverina region of NSW Australia. Just started the fun world of tanks after coming from a rc crawler back ground. Finding the tanks more fun and learning more about them and the history of tanks along the way. Currently have an `HL Abrams M1A2 on route to me and have sourced a HL Tiger 1, King Tiger, Panzer IV and a Sherman in Aus. All have nylon gearbox etc so currently retro fitting the steel gearbox metal tracks etc before possibly repainting some of them.
Pete
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Introduction

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from Illinois! Sounds like you’re off to a great start. I agree that learning more about the history of our favorite tanks is a very rewarding aspect of the hobby.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Pete, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Might I offer a word of advise but not before congratulating you on such a broad choice of Armour,
The Heng Long Panzer 4 is grossly inaccurate, one way to bring it up to standard is to fit the latest model Taigen PZ4 Turret which is in my humble opinion more accurate than the hobby standard Tamiya PZ4 Turret,
Of course if it is possible you might be better advised to buy the Taigen PZ4 and kill two birds with one stone. Enjoy this place and please ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome to you, Pete! :wave: "[L]earning more about them and the history of tanks along the way." You got that right! And another matter you got right: pickin' up a few right away. :haha:

I agree with Jarndice that the Torro/Taigen tanks, especially with Version 3 sound, are better as "out of the box" RC. But if I recall from the years of HobbyHavoc, I think the Torro/Taigen tanks aren't imported to Australia or New Zealand, are they? I can get some of them here in the US, but I have also ordered from Germany at great shipping expense.

With your experience, you will be able to do some fine conversions and likely soon to have much better than "out of the box" RC. Keep us informed, for I learn about both the real and the RC from such postings and photos.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Welcome! Sounds like you have all the symptoms of a potential tank addiction- brought on by the bite of the nasty tank bug :D Considering what you can be bitten by in Australia, however, not to worry mate, as this one is relatively benign. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

[quote=":D Considering what you can be bitten by in Australia, however, not to worry mate, as this one is relatively benign. :thumbup:[/quote]
I recon being bitten by a crocodile would be LESS benign then what we spend on these tanks! :S
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello PeteM,

That sounds like quite a stable you're building! Good to have you with us! Enjoy yourself!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”