Hello all

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
rik242
Recruit

Hello all

Post by rik242 »

Hello everyone,
Just discovered this forum after finding my Tamiya Tiger in the loft which I started 20 years ago. I got as far as the hull, suspension and wheels then lost the electronics. After searching in the loft for xmas decorations I came across the electronics quite by chance after many years. I will have lots of questions as I am a bit rusty after all these years.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello all

Post by Estnische »

Welcome Rik! Hope you get things rolling and enjoy your time here.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Welcome to the forum, 20 year old Tamiya Tigre I, it's vintage, you have come to the right place to get started again.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:P What a pleasant surprise, to find a partially constructed Tamiya Tiger in the loft :thumbup: I went up in mine lately to check my portrait there and, unlike Dorian Gray's, I found the face there to be just as old, and sin-ridden, as the one I see in the mirror :/ :lolno:
If only it could have been a Tamiya Tiger... er..make that a Centurion (I already have two tigers) :)
Enjoy the rediscovery!.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Wow! A Tamiya in the attic and a 1959 Daimler Ferret in the garage. Something tells me you have been at the real ones for a while. I'd bet pictures of both the 1/16 and the 1/1 would, like you, be most welcome here and raise a lot of chatter.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard and what a great attic find!
Roy you’re such a classic guy, Dorian Gray indeed. I bet not that many here know what you’re talking about. :haha:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome along :)

Where in the U.K. are you from?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Welcome aboard and what a great attic find!
Roy you’re such a classic guy, Dorian Gray indeed. I bet not that many here know what you’re talking about. :haha:
My dear old Jim, there are times when even I don't know what I'm talking about :haha: But, I can use age as a useful excuse (the age of a pure malt Speyside whisky, that is... :thumbup: ).
Here's a lucky Tamiya Tiger find. It wasn't in the loft (attic to some), but surprisingly cheap on Ebay a couple of years ago. It's awaiting a transformation into a late version. Then again, a battered mid-production version is likely to involve less swearing, and groans of despair. :think: :D
Battered Tamiya Tiger 1
Battered Tamiya Tiger 1
Click to ENLARGE the photo.

Rik- do show us some photos of your lucky loft find. They'll get a good New Year drool going here :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”