Hi from the Netherlands! :)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
RiskyR
Lance Corporal

Hi from the Netherlands! :)

Post by RiskyR »

Hello everyone,

My name is Rick and I live in the Netherlands. I started my R/C tank hobby way back in 2006 with the purchase of an 1/15 Bandai Tiger, which I slowly upgraded to a full option version with Tamiya electronics. I started to collect more models and also used to have a HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger, HL Panzer III and a Wecohe Panther Hull.

Most of these tanks were projects which I didn't finish and sold as life progressed. I still have the Bandai Tiger (minus electronics) but it hasn't driven in over 10 years now :crazy: how time flies!

Anyway, I've always liked the M4 Sherman tank, especially the models with the Radial engines (that sound!), but all those years ago I didn't have the money to buy the Tamiya version and the HL version came a few years later.

Skip several years, now I'm almost 31 years old and have 3 kids, but I always seem to come back to the R/C tanks because they are awesome :haha:

Now with the modern technology and my (minor) modelling skills, I started to have a go at modelling a Sherman tank which should be printable once finished.
I've chosen to do the M4A1 76mm variant.

I started my first topic yesterday already but didn't introduce myself here, sorry for that! :angel:

viewtopic.php?f=207&t=32600
In progress:
M4A1(75)
M4A1(76)W HVSS
M4A2 Fisher
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hi from the Netherlands! :)

Post by jarndice »

Rick Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Does this mean you intend printing an M4? That's what I call a challenge, I wish you luck and remember we are here 24/7 to answer any questions you might have.
Enjoy this place and please do get involved with any of the threads that take your interest.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I'll second that! Quite a project to start on but l'm sure you'll enjoy every minute, and there will be plenty of them :)

Keep us all up to date with photos and we thrive on answering those questions Image

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Rick :wave: plenty of Sherman's on here for you to take inspiration from, please do share some pics when you get underway with yours :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
RiskyR
Lance Corporal

Post by RiskyR »

[/quote]
jarndice wrote:Rick Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Does this mean you intend printing an M4? That's what I call a challenge, I wish you luck and remember we are here 24/7 to answer any questions you might have.
Enjoy this place and please do get involved with any of the threads that take your interest.
Yes the ultimate goal is to create a printable 1/16 M4A1(76) late model :thumbup:
If everything works and fits as it should, I might even put it online for others to print... but let's not get too far ahead of myself.. haha!
General Jumbo01 wrote:I'll second that! Quite a project to start on but l'm sure you'll enjoy every minute, and there will be plenty of them :)

Keep us all up to date with photos and we thrive on answering those questions Image

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Thanks and will do! I'll post updates in my topic :thumbup:
Model Builder 4 wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Rick :wave: plenty of Sherman's on here for you to take inspiration from, please do share some pics when you get underway with yours :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Thanks! Yes I've already read through several Sherman topics. Lots of creativity over here, I love it!
In progress:
M4A1(75)
M4A1(76)W HVSS
M4A2 Fisher
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome from the land of the M4.

Taigen/Torro sells an M4 76 with passable radial engine sound in the V3 electronics. It is likely that you already know all about it. However, let me know if you want more information on that model. I have one and like it. I also have a number of books on the Sherman variants.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome back to the hobby, Rick. Many here would have envied you the Wecohe Panther hull. There are plenty of Sherman devotees here, and thus plenty of builds populating the archives. Do check them out!.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

A super late welcome Rick! :/ Glad to have you with us. Lots of guys here with tons of advice and experience with the Sherman's! Enjoy yourself!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”