Hi All

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
cheeseontoast
Recruit

Hi All

Post by cheeseontoast »

Name is Bill, living in Glasgow Scotland.
I know almost nothing about RC tanks, hoping to change that here.
My main interests are designing, building and 3d printing my own vehicles. 10th scale preferred
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hi All

Post by jarndice »

Hi Bill Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
We have an active interest in 3D printing but 1/10 is not so popular although I have a JJRC 1/10 Jeep which is a delight and full of detail.
Pretty much everything we do is concentrated upon 1/16 with some of us dipping our toes into 1/6 BUT there is absolutely no limit on whatever scale you want to work with and we will as always offer all the help we can and we would welcome your input,
Enjoy this place and join in any thread that takes your interest,
I have not been to Glasgow for years but I am pleased that the M74 has finally found its way to the bridge :haha: especially as the city fathers are planning to ban cars from the city centre soon i hear :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome from the Highlands (but, with long family links to Bellshill, Pollokshields, and Thornliebank...) !
Your screen-name's just given me an idea, Bill: Welsh Rarebit (mature Cheddar, of course) but with paprika and added tomatoes. :D Must be hungry. :/
Do post pics of your printed projects. There's an active 3D printer movement on the Forum.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

And some of us, Bill, come from the colonies: Wisconsin, US. Although 1/16 is not the exclusive--but most common--scale discussed here on RCTW, almost everything applies in any scale. I know there is a nifty, printed 1/11 AFV being chronicled. Ask questions; keep us informed (photos are fun); join the senseless banter. :crazy:
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Hello Bill

I'm over in Motherwell and cheese on toast is a solid favourite of my children. I am trying desperately to not want a 3d printer, so if you could not show off any of the amazing things you can make with it that would be much appreciated! :P

Sensuously though looking forward to seeing what someone relatively local is getting up to.
Stuart
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"Sensuously though"! That, Stu, is a brilliant malapropism! :haha:
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

dam dyslexic and autocorrect! :)
Attachments
d-photo-u1.jpg
d-photo-u1.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 329 times
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Bill,

Would that be the same as grilled cheese here in the States? :think: You've found the right Forum to become "informed"! I too knew little to nothing about RC tanks, now I'm going to be the owner of a 1/6 scale monster!?! :wtf: It's all these guy's fault! :wave: I still don't know anything about 3D printers. That would easily overwhelm what free, gray matter I have available, but it is very cool!
43rdRecceReg wrote:Your screen-name's just given me an idea, Bill: Welsh Rarebit (mature Cheddar, of course) but with paprika and added tomatoes. :D Must be hungry. :/
43rdRR,
Sounds delicious, just leave off the tomatoes! I love ketchup, but hate tomatoes! :wtf: Vile weed!
stu_the_flat wrote:dam dyslexic and autocorrect! :)
I just woke the dogs up with my laughter! Stu you've made my day! :clap:

Cheers guys and once again, welcome Bill,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”